Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MajorGaming.eu's Minecraft Server

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

cian1500ww wrote: »
    According to the logs, Phil was going to burn down a forest that had no wood left in it ie. just leaves, maybe that was it??

With regards to the lightstone, the following players were online roughly around 8:30pm to 9pm:
    phil1246, davsheep, Just_Aidan, cherryghost, tramble, screw2loose, harvesmoon

It wasn't me, I didn't burn anything down on that server. Only fire I've started has been in my single player game. I don't even have the flint to start a fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It wasn't me, I didn't burn anything down on that server. Only fire I've started has been in my single player game. I don't even have the flint to start a fire.
    Don't worry, no one's being accused of anything and anyway, you're a regular so that automatically excludes you!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Don't worry, no one's being accused of anything and anyway, you're a regular so that automatically excludes you!! ;)

Muhahahahaha *gets out flint and steel*

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

oeb wrote: »

...that's a rather evil gleam in your little blocky eyes :D.

May just have to drop you into my monster arena (as soon as it is finished :pdamn redstone wiring).

Edit: there is a mod that locks flint and steel to moderators only.

/give cian1500ww 46 64

/tp oeb

:D:D

• Advertisement

JustAidan wrote: »

Edit: there is a mod that locks flint and steel to moderators only.

Any item can be blacklisted using Hey0 but I don't think there's any need unless we have a repeat of that fire!!

Any item can be blacklisted using Hey0 but I don't think there's any need unless we have a repeat of that fire!!

Ah yeah, hopefully it won't happen again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Guys, try the iconomy mod. We could auction off our finds to other server users, it'd be AWSOME

Guys, try the iconomy mod. We could auction off our finds to other server users, it'd be AWSOME

Wait a what now?! Well that is something I wouldn't thought as have been possible. I have to admit that is really neat if it works.

Sure, I'll look into it, also need to look into a plugin called Cuboid which will allow mods to create protected areas that griefers can't modify.

I'll let you all know once I've installed the plugins.

Also, I'm going to make all of our regulars mods once I get a chance, hopefully that way we'll be able to keep griefers under control :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ive been away for a few days, I hope no one took my gold floor :)

Jumpy wrote: »
    Ive been away for a few days, I hope no one took my gold floor :)

:p I'm going to take a shot in the dark at the side of a mountain and "guess" you spawned that amount of gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

:p I'm going to take a shot in the dark at the side of a mountain and "guess" you spawned that amount of gold.

Exactly what are you insinuating here? That gold floor was a legitimate donation that jumpy received during a social gathering when a number of his friends decided to help him out during his hard times. He had to make a floor out of it at the time, as he did not have a bank account.

Exactly what are you insinuating here? That gold floor was a legitimate donation that jumpy received during a social gathering when a number of his friends decided to help him out during his hard times. He had to make a floor out of it at the time, as he did not have a bank account.

Would he not be worried about having the logistic problem in always having such a large sum underfoot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Zee iconomy mod

Fast forward to about 5.30

Ok, first thing for today is to get our regulars some mod commands. Then I'll install iConomy and Cuboid. CG, I'll leave it up to you to explain how iConomy works because I haven't got the foggiest :o

Also, looking at that video reminded me of something, would people use a voice server like Teamspeak??

Mumble is free I think.

Ok, first thing for today is to get our regulars some mod commands. Then I'll install iConomy and Cuboid. CG, I'll leave it up to you to explain how iConomy works because I haven't got the foggiest :o

Also, looking at that video reminded me of something, would people use a voice server like Teamspeak??

I have a boards.ie Teamspeak 50 slot server.

AddressL ts61.gameservers.com
    Port: 9152

No password. Will add a Minecraft channel nao

That'll do the job so :)

The following people now have mod commands:
    phil1246
    jumparound22
    oeb
    cherryghost
    Just_Aidan
    korvanica
    ponster
    retr0gamer
    screw2loose
    the_syco

I've probably left out a few people, so if you're a regular and not in the above list, let me know.

If you see anyone griefing ie. spamming chat, destroying peoples areas etc. warn them in chat first, if they continue, kick them, if they return ban them. Simples :)

The kick command is /kick username
    The ban command is /ban username

Try not to ban any genuine players :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

awesome thanks...:D

*rubs hands together maliciously* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Okay, iConomy is installed and working. Each player has been given 10 coins to start with, type /money to see your balance.
    To use the auction feature type /auction ? including the question mark and that will show you all the auction commands.
    To use the shop feature type /shop ? same as above.

The only thing you can do with the shop for the time being is sell one gold ingot for 10 coins.

There's a huge bunch of other stuff there that cherryghost can explain if he wants to ;)

Also, new update out:
    Client version 1.2.6
    Server version 0.2.8 (not mandatory)

* Added /kill command. Does 1000 points damage to the player
    * Did some patching client side to prevent duplicated entities
    * The join server page now remembers the port as well as the ip
    * Fixed a bug where joining a server on a specific port caused the client to forget all keybindings
    * Added lakes and rare lava pools, both on the surface and randomly in caves.
    * Fixed a crash bug when destroying the vehicle from under a player
    * Players connecting to a server or respawning are invulnerable for three seconds

Won't be updating the server until I know whether hey0 works or not, it's not mandatory so you should still be able to play on the server with the new update.

Ok, connected fine to it. This will be really handy, I don't think much of minecraft's chat features as they are right now.

Someone needs to build a trading centre for the shop!

iConomy

The concept is basically to trade ore/items in exchange for coin.

iConomy takes your familiar economy scheme and pushes it into minecraft using MUD style commands. Soon physical actions will be implemented to further drive your economy forward however until then, we rely on the commands. iConomy brings a money, auction, and shop system into play. This will allow your players to interact with each other and stop asking you to do all the hard work, like give out items or trading.

Fear not, trading is still allowed through the money system which allows users to pay other users and admins. This will allow for your economy to stimulate itself by letting the users determine how much they should sell their items or land for while you sit back and watch it grow. Still not excited?

Well, with auctioning your users can let others bid on what they have for either insanely low prices or extremely outrageous prices to stir up the economy. If your economy gets out of hand, a simple resetting of a users account can be done.

Don't worry, iConomy is here for you. Make the ultimate economy.

Setting up shop:

Of course, as with everything on Minecraft, it's in Alpha, so you have to rely on commands for buying and... ahem... a primitive way to sell your items

Someone needs to build a trading centre for the shop!

And once we are able to anti-grief lock our areas a subway system between our respective buildings!

Edit: To clarify, most of the griefing occurs close to the spawn, many buildings, including my own, are quite far away and are not either readily accessible or obvious. Hence, these areas are safer from griefers who don't know the server.

The addition of a subway system would both provide ease of transport and where important structures are on the server.

And once we are able to anti-grief lock our areas a subway system between our respective buildings!

Edit: To clarify, most of the griefing occurs close to the spawn, many buildings, including my own, are quite far away and are not either readily accessible or obvious. Hence, these areas are safer from griefers who don't know the server.

The addition of a subway system would both provide ease of transport and where important structures are on the server.

Care to upload a large picture? We can plan something easier that way :)

Care to upload a large picture? We can plan something easier that way :)

Wouldn't mind, was just going to plot routes then let people go nuts to give it a more unique feel. May have to plan some redstone mechanisms.... Don't think it's a good idea to do until some buildings are locked though. Last thing we want is it give griefers a beeline to the important stuff.

In other news, the mini lighthouse near the spawn had its glass smashed and lava went everywhere sometime between last night and midday today.

Tidied it up but the docks got smashed a bit too as did pikachu.

I'll get the Cuboid plugin installed now, it'll allow mods to create griefer proof areas :D

• Advertisement

I'll get the Cuboid plugin installed now, it'll allow mods to create griefer proof areas :D

:o *sniff* so happy. Now my blocks are safe.

Cuboid should be working now, to use it, right click on the first block of the area with a wooden shovel, then right click on a second block at the other end of the area with a wooden shovel. Then once you see Second point is selected type /protect default someuniquename
    So for example, I've just done it with the bridge, I right clicked using the wooden shovel on the block at one end in the corner and then I right clicked on the block at the other end of the bridge in the opposite corner so that the entire area of the bridge was covered. After that I typed /protect default bridge and now it's indestructible to anyone but mods :)

To check the status of a block, right click it using a wooden sword.

Cuboid should be working now, to use it, right click on the first block of the area with a wooden shovel, then right click on a second block at the other end of the area with a wooden shovel. Then once you see Second point is selected type /protect default someuniquename
    So for example, I've just done it with the bridge, I right clicked using the wooden shovel on the block at one end in the corner and then I right clicked on the block at the other end of the bridge in the opposite corner so that the entire area of the bridge was covered. After that I typed /protect default bridge and now it's indestructible to anyone but mods :)

To check the status of a block, right click it using a wooden sword.

Just to be clear. This cuboid protects a cubed area of the world from the top sky later to the bottom adminium layer. To do this choose a block (as above) and its diagonally opposite block if viewing the cube from above?

NM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm using Windows 64bit, thus the "win64" part, but just add the bit in bold to the shortcut, so that TeamSpeak automatically connects to the server.

"c:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe" ts3server://ts61.gameservers.com/?port=9152

Just to be clear. This cuboid protects a cubed area of the world from the top sky later to the bottom adminium layer. To do this choose a block (as above) and its diagonally opposite block if viewing the cube from above?
    I'm not entirely sure if it does it vertically as well as horizontally but I'll test it out later and see.
    It's a bit confusing to use but trial and error is the best way. When you do use /protect on an area, you can check to see the status of the cube by right clicking on a cube in the area with a wooden sword.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neph

Hey cian, glad to see you finaly installed cuboid, it's fairly simple to use, there are some detailed instuctions on the forum page here: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=34
    I'm not entirely sure if it does it vertically as well as horizontally but I'll test it out later and see.

You may want to take a look at this, it shows you how it covers an area. Basically you select one of the bottom corners (A) and the opposite top corner (G). It then extends that to a cube and protects that area.

The height of the area stretches from the bottom point you select to the top one, it doesnt go all the way up or down. As a side note we should probably try to limit the size of areas to stop it being abused.

Also I know im new to the server but I would like to hop on the bandwagon and try get mod status too if possible, im mad paranoid about protecting my areas as i build really complex/time-consuming stuff. I am also on every evening mostly so would be always available to stop greifing/protect stuff/help newbies. If people want me to wait a bit thats fine I would just like to have my name down :D

On the minecart suway system thing, I could help alot with that, i built a really nice automatic one in singleplayer and it works in multiplayer too. It stores carts, dispenses them when someone is waiting, boosts it off when somebody hops in and does other fancy stuff. I'll post a youtube vid sometime.

Oh and I didnt realise till now that so many people on this server are Irish too lol.

Neph wrote: »
    Hey cian, glad to see you finaly installed cuboid, it's fairly simple to use, there are some detailed instuctions on the forum page here: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=34

You may want to take a look at this, it shows you how it covers an area. Basically you select one of the bottom corners (A) and the opposite top corner (G). It then extends that to a cube and protects that area.

The height of the area stretches from the bottom point you select to the top one, it doesnt go all the way up or down. As a side note we should probably try to limit the size of areas to stop it being abused.

Also I know im new to the server but I would like to hop on the bandwagon and try get mod status too if possible, im mad paranoid about protecting my areas as i build really complex/time-consuming stuff. I am also on every evening mostly so would be always available to stop greifing/protect stuff/help newbies. If people want me to wait a bit thats fine I would just like to have my name down :D

On the minecart suway system thing, I could help alot with that, i built a really nice automatic one in singleplayer and it works in multiplayer too. It stores carts, dispenses them when someone is waiting, boosts it off when somebody hops in and does other fancy stuff. I'll post a youtube vid sometime.

Oh and I didnt realise till now that so many people on this server are Irish too lol.

Irish here too. Thanks for the instructions/link. Most griefing appears to have happen late at night so alot of people wouldn't be on. I was going to suggest that we do a subway system once we have a fair idea were people are going to/are building to connect them up. Maybe we should place this subway central near the spawn?

Sure, no problem, I've seen and talked to you plenty of times on the server so I'm happy enough to have you as a mod :)

Also, sever started hanging so I had to do a restart at 9pm, all progress from 8:10pm till then was lost as it stopped saving.

The server announcements should popup exactly every 2 minutes, if they stop appearing then let me know ASAP by posting here or sending me an email: cian1500ww@gmail.com When those announcements stop displaying every 2 minutes, the server has started to hang and the automatic saving will have stopped because of this.

I think it did it because the server version hasn't been updated yet as I'm waiting for hey0 to be updated, hopefully that's all that's causing it.

Most griefing appears to have happen late at night so alot of people wouldn't be on. I was going to suggest that we do a subway system once we have a fair idea were people are going to/are building to connect them up. Maybe we should place this subway central near the spawn?

I'm usually up till like 2 in the mornin anyway so i'll probably be on late most nights. And yeah i think we would want the central station near spawn. The main thing to decide is whether it is a subway and totally underground or a raised rail and all stations are raised above ground. After all we don't want creepers blowing it up :)
    Sure, no problem, I've seen and talked to you plenty of times on the server so I'm happy enough to have you as a mod smile.gif

Thats great! cheers. I'm gonna figure out cuboid now so I can protect stuff for people!

And as for the server saving, there are plenty of automatic backups out there that will take a backup of the whole server every so often. I think there are some that dont use hey0 and thus should work most of the time. If not, you could always give mods the ability to trigger backups and we could do it if we didn't see the announcements. I'll look into some backup stuff and get back to you.

And as for the server saving, there are plenty of automatic backups out there that will take a backup of the whole server every so often. I think there are some that dont use hey0 and thus should work most of the time. If not, you could always give mods the ability to trigger backups and we could do it if we didn't see the announcements. I'll look into some backup stuff and get back to you.
    Yeah, problem is, when it does hang, no commands or plugins really work so I don't think an automatic backup plugin would be of any benefit then. I'm hoping that once I get it upgraded to the new version that the problem will go away, hopefully... :o

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Crism

Hey guys its Crism,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NR6gQ0CXpk

This guy has the right idea!..

Me and a couple of others came across an invisible mob in a mine today we kept going down to try kill it but couldn't, i don't know if this is new or not..

btw Cian, i was wondering, what way have you sorted groups out? or have you? because it would be handy to be able to protect areas to certain groups rather than personal, or maybe im just unaware, but this way we can all share the protected areas, and have you disabled warps on purpose? im just wondering.

other than the undefietable invisible zombies.. all is well : ]

servers becoming quite popular :) ... good few online...

also, what happened to all the chests in the community storage area? everythings gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Think we need to stop showing the ip to everyone.
    Lots of stuff is being taken and destroyed.

Hi Cian, have you consider starting a Google site, or a clansite instead of using this thread. it would be cleaner, professional + we could load up screenshots of the map, have a requests page, stats page, videos page, eventually become the main irish server and maybe start a whitelist to keep out griefers, and hopefully someday we will control Ireland and rule the world...

p.s if you do want to, i could help build and edit, or start it up etc...

Crism wrote: »
    Cian, would you consider starting a Google site, or a clansite instead of using this thread. it would be cleaner, professional + we could load up screenshots of the map, have a requests page, stats page, videos page, eventually become the main irish server and maybe start a whitelist to keep out griefers, and hopefully someday we will control Ireland and rule the world...

p.s if you do want to, i could help build and edit, or start it up etc...

*pssst* Always remember to delegate, Cian, he is offering to do work :)

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Think we need to stop showing the ip to everyone.
    Lots of stuff is being taken and destroyed.

We have got a protection mods now to lock down certain areas.

The current damaged areas are locked and will be fixed when people get around to them.

*pssst* Always remember to delegate, Cian, he is offering to do work :)

hey aidan, sorry i dont understand your post.

Korvanica wrote: »
    what happened to all the chests in the community storage area? everythings gone...

Actually i dont think their empty, someone protrected the area with cuboid. While this is good because it stops the place getting greified it also means that the chests are protected :P so they may or may not be empty im not sure.

We have got a protection mods now to lock down certain areas.

The current damaged areas are locked and will be fixed when people get around to them.

This is true but very few areas are currently protected, I fixed up the lighthouse yesterday and protected it temporarily but we really need to protect the whole main spawn/town area. Of course as we dont know what the story is with the groups atm doing this could be a pain. I will be on tonight and will probably do this temporarily but we should work on getting groups of mods/admins sorted to make this easier. Right now if i protect somewhere I have to specify EVERY player allowed to edit it.

Cian did you turn off /item?

I wandered a long way to the north to create my Mordor land and find item is gone.

jumpy wants item spawning....lol

he walked miles with the intention of making a huge hole with tnt... got to his location.. after about 5 to 10 minutes
    heres the following chat:

<jumparound22> oh ffs, hes turned of item
    jumparound22 has left the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement