Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MajorGaming.eu's Minecraft Server

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    3x? just a word of warning before you start. the top of pikachus head goes to the just before the cloud level and above cloud level there's maybe only about 10-15 blocks before you hit the ceiling limit so you can only really build things a little higher than the ceiling level. If you see the floating island that's really high, that's about as far as you can go.

Sorry, Pikachu looks smaller from my vantage point. Total height is 63 blocks, and I tested the waters with a pillar of sand first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I urge people to take the walk north and visit Mordor. I will be building a gate and finishing the Eye and the mountain but its worth the walk. Or if I am online tp to me.

Be careful though, the landscape has been created by exploding more than 3000 TNT blocks. I am still doing it, so warn me if you plan to tp to me. You could easily go boom.

Also if I am working on the eye, I am on a skinny row of blocks really high up.

I was speaking to Cian on the other forums, he is testing a server side mapping utility at the moment, if all goes well he will have it provide daily snap shots of the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

Jumpy wrote: »
    I urge people to take the walk north and visit Mordor. I will be building a gate and finishing the Eye and the mountain but its worth the walk. Or if I am online tp to me.

Be careful though, the landscape has been created by exploding more than 3000 TNT blocks. I am still doing it, so warn me if you plan to tp to me. You could easily go boom.

Also if I am working on the eye, I am on a skinny row of blocks really high up.

Since you have loads of TNT have you tried building a personal launcher yet?

They require 12 tnt each per blast and manage not to kill up to boot (assuming full health).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm going to try to get onto this this evening, so we use the text chat mainly, if there is a server team speak it would be worth trying.

JustAidan wrote: »
    Since you have loads of TNT have you tried building a personal launcher yet?

They require 12 tnt each per blast and manage not to kill up to boot (assuming full health).

I was going to build an obisidian TNT cannon attached to the tower of the eye.

I'm going to try to get onto this this evening, so we use the text chat mainly, if there is a server team speak it would be worth trying.

There is, but anytime I have been on it its empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

We use CherryGhost's TS server: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69361080&postcount=169

I can't use it during the week as I'm stuck on mobile broadband :o

The map should be viewable here: http://majorgaming.eu/maps

cian1500ww wrote: »
    We use CherryGhost's TS server: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69361080&postcount=169

I can't use it during the week as I'm stuck on mobile broadband :o

The map should be viewable here: http://majorgaming.eu/maps

Just getting black here for the map viewer :)

JustAidan wrote: »
    Just getting black here for the map viewer :)
    Thanks Aidan, I'll run the generator again.

• Advertisement

I'm on :)

I'm on :)
    Enjoy your stay!! :P

Sorry about the lag that's been occuring, seems it was the backup every minute that was causing it. It's now backing up every 10 minutes so that shoiuld reduce lag :)

Unfortunately due to a large amount of griefers I've had to start using a whitelist. This means that only players on the list will be allowed to connect. If you want access post in this thread with your username or over here: http://majorgaming.eu/forum/forum-14.html

Is this the server I was on as Artyom2033? If so can I get on the whitelist, thanks.

Should be approved now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

did you edit the OP with the new announcement?

membership on the forums is flying up....

Korvanica wrote: »
    did you edit the OP with the new announcement?

membership on the forums is flying up....

I'll have to get retr0 to update it, can't change it myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry was busy this morning will get on it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Can I get whitelisted, Thanks.
    mcyellowfish

• Advertisement

Can I get whitelisted, Thanks.
    mcyellowfish
    Done, welcome to the server :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Could I be whitelisted please?

Username's Cypharius

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Could I be whitelisted please?

Username's Cypharius

Should be on it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Did the IP change?

I can't get in

Edit: I need to be whitelisted please

Tallon wrote: »
    Did the IP change?

I can't get in

Edit: I need to be whitelisted please
    You should be on the whitelist, what's your nickname??

TalTallon

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    TalTallon
    Sorry, had you down as Tallon :o
    Should be good to go now :)

looking good, cheers man

Any chance of magiccarpet cian?

Jumpy wrote: »
    Any chance of magiccarpet cian?
    Sure, I'll get around to it eventually. Lots to do at the moment and exams coming up don't help :(
    I want to get the IRC server setup properly, then I want to sort out groups properly, then hopefully CG will be done with the iConomy settings and we can get that going better then :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

coolducky00 has been acting mightily suspicious after the griefer attack.

• Advertisement

Keep a close eye on him, I'll have the backup online very soon

Rollercoaster is open for business. It's not quite finished but as long as you don't go off the wrong end of the tower you'll be fine. Also my booster carts keep disappearing but it seems to work grand. Some of the sights you'll see are megaman, my mine and a small section of the big ass cavern I found and won't shut up about. It operates on a BYOMC system (bring your own mine cart)

What kinda stuff has s/he been doing? I've never seen him/her on.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I've been travelling for the last week and a bit or so (think I actually mentioned it directly to you Cian in the server but I'm not sure) so I've been out of the loop for a while.

I need to be white listed first of all (Colossus_IRL) and also, I'd consider myself a responsible regular so if it's possible to get mod privilages, that would be appreciated also.

Edit: Also, dare I ask, does my treehouse island still exist? Or has it been griefed to hell and back?

I've been travelling for the last week and a bit or so (think I actually mentioned it directly to you Cian in the server but I'm not sure) so I've been out of the loop for a while.

I need to be white listed first of all (Colossus_IRL) and also, I'd consider myself a responsible regular so if it's possible to get mod privilages, that would be appreciated also.

Edit: Also, dare I ask, does my treehouse island still exist? Or has it been griefed to hell and back?
    Done :)

The treehouse was completely destroyed :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can't log in

Server is down it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Sorry about that, having firewall problems, should be ok now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nope: Connection refused

EDIT: There we go

• Advertisement

Sorry, minecraft just doesn't want to work with the firewall, should be ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

resurrected Colussus's tree house last night, just wasn't right it being left burned down.:rolleyes:

Its was a big landmark since i started on the server. Hopefully it will be as good as it was previously. Just need all the trees to grow now...

beast.jpg

That is all.

Looks amazing. A lot more effort and imagination went into it than my pixel art as well. Well done!

It is stunning, but don't knock your pikachu Retr0, thats just as aweswome

Looks amazing. A lot more effort and imagination went into it than my pixel art as well. Well done!

It was just a 3d model I found, I rendered it into voxels, it took an absolute age to build though.

Pikachu, Thundershock!

BOOOOM! :P

What's voxels oeb??

cian1500ww wrote: »
    What's voxels oeb??

A voxel is basicially a 3D pixel. Perfect for minecraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

http://yfrog.com/j8treegmj

Rebuilt Tree House:)

Advertisement