Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think YOU'VE had a bad day?.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

For people with phones
    Man leaves £80,000 on top of car then drives off

Police think the money may have been stolen
    Police in Essex have begun a theft inquiry after a man left £80,000 on the roof of his car then drove off.

A force spokesman said the man had put the cash on top of his car early on 18 November in Westcliff-on-Sea but had then forgotten about it until later.

"Police were contacted on Friday 19 November by a man reporting that he had lost £80,000 in Prince Avenue," a police spokesman said.

Officers are now checking evidence found at the scene and CCTV footage.

"He told police that he had accidentally left the money on the top of his car before driving off on the morning of Thursday 18 November at 0620 GMT," the spokesman said.

"He later realised what he had done. Essex Police has seized evidence found at the scene, to be checked for fingerprints."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Poor fella? "Police think the money might have been stolen." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am going to think of this the next time I lose some money :D Poor fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What an idiot! I'm always strapped for cash that I treat whatever pieces of notes I have like each were my own sons :pac:
    "He later realised what he had done. Essex Police has seized evidence found at the scene, to be checked for fingerprints."

Cops could have found it, or least bits of it and check that it's his..............or I bet the twist is he stole it and gets jailtime. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ha! He deserved it for the stupidity shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How do you "forget" about the £80,000 you're carrying around?

I had €8k in notes once and I was checking my inside pocket every 30 seconds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

seamus wrote: »

Jeez I do that with my wallet every time I'm in town and I might only have €50 in it.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Where was he coming from or going to with 80K at 6AM???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I've had worse days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

seamus wrote: »

I know! I withdrew 3 grand a few years ago to give to my mother. It was in my jeans pocket in an envelope and my hand was in my pocket on top of it from the time I came out of the bank to the time I got home. I didn't even stop to chat with neighbours I was so nervous and uptight. Just told them I need to get home to the jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

gavredking wrote: »

McDonalds Euro Saver breakfast menu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

gavredking wrote: »

He didn't trust banks and carried his life savings around with him everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

He didn't trust banks and carried his life savings around with him everywhere.

His money is probably safer on the roof of a car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Asshole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I was signing on for a while a couple of years ago and as I crossed the road the notes that I had got fell out of my shallow jacket pocket unbeknowns to me. Only for a fella walking behind me picked the money up for me I prob wouldn't have noticed until another less decent sort came upon it. As he handed it to me he said 'That would have been a s**t day' , 'More like **** week I said!!'. My ma also burned €600 in an envelope along with rubbish once , to say the poor woman was distraught wouldn't do justice to it. I put any notes I have in my jacket breast pocket now and I'm semi ocd about checking them.

Advertisement