Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather warning / Road Condition thread 2010 / 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

you were way off deemark there muffler...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bobby14 wrote: »
    apparently abba band stuck in england.... ring the mt errigal and check for sure
    If the band is stuck then thats good enough reason/excuse to look for a refund regardless of whether anyone could make it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

driving through the town there towards glencar, high road is terrible, as is glencar scotch after the roundabout. the tyres on my car are wide and useless...:(

Been snowing for an hour or so in the twin towns. Fairly light but persistent for the best part but it has gotten heavier in the last 10 minutes or so.

Strange thing is there appears to be little or no wind blowing as the snow is just coming straight down.

A night for the fire (in the Rosses bar :D)

Beanstalk wrote: »
    you were way off deemark there muffler...;)
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still bucketing down in Letterkenny, barely stopped all day and been extremely heavy for 2 hours now. Never seen so much snow in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

puffdragon wrote: »
    Son't orry to hear about the night out, will they not credit you a night in January some time? They might be glad of the trade.

Thanks and the info about the band is useful too. I'm getting on the blower to the boss now!
    muffler wrote: »
    :eek: I thought you were a man :eek:

Don't know how to take that Muffler! Am on boards so much because I'm on maternity leave:D

(Someone thought this on another forum too - any hints on how to girlify my posts?:o)

deemark wrote: »
    any hints on how to girlify my posts?:o)
    A naked pic as your avatar usually works :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 UpDonegal

The day after tomorrow is happening !

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

UpDonegal wrote: »
    The day after tomorrow is happening !

, but the morning after the night before won't be:(. It's true about the band and they're giving us a voucher:)

It's unbelievable out there, there must be 6 inches on the decking:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lulubenny

It has finally stopped snowing here in the Glenties Ardara area but like everywhere its just a blanket of snow. Main roads are ok as long as care is taken.

Ive never seen so much snow in my life! Its definatly worse snow in long long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭doc_17

muffler wrote: »

A night for the fire (in the Rosses bar :D)

It's Bibas!!!!!!!

doc_17 wrote: »
    It's Bibas!!!!!!!
    It is indeed but if I called it Bibbas and some of the boardsies who aren't familiar with the town wanted to buy me a couple of drinks they wouldnt know where to go ;)

Unbelievable snow in Letterkenny, heaviest I've seen in my life, hasnt stopped for 3 hours now.

Well over half a foot on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lulubenny

Oh oh I spoke too soon - its snowing really heavy here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

lulubenny wrote: »
    Oh oh I spoke too soon - its snowing really heavy here again!

Where?? :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh ok.. i went back a page and got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

just stopped snowing in LK... not like it makes a difference at this stage lol

EDIT: The council have the snow plows out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

@ inode.

Are the main roads through LK passable?
    My son and his friend left Dublin an hour ago.:eek:

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

On the bus from Galway to Lk since 1:30 only comin into ballybofey now!!!! Gap didn't seem too bad, from where I'm sittin neway. We are crawling along :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

shellib wrote: »
    On the bus from Galway to Lk since 1:30 only comin into ballybofey now!!!! Gap didn't seem too bad, from where I'm sittin neway. We are crawling along :-(
    6 hours galway to ballybofey, thats tight going. hope its worth it!

And has to tackle Drumkeen yet !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Left Letterkenny at 5.45 going to Cloghan, top of Lurgybrack was terrible, cars stuck all over the place, how we weaved through them, I will never know, we could not stop or we would have been part of the pile up.

Definetly more snow in Letterkenny than with us

inode wrote: »
    Since it looks like the snow is on the way this weekend i thought it would be good to have this thread back this year for all road/weather warnings ;)
    Bet on the 26th November you didnt think this thread would be at its busiest today !

Must be nearly a foot of snow now in Letterkenny :eek: Never seen snow as bad in my lifetime! And more snow showers forcast until 6am!

24cm round the back of my house, another few showers and we'll have a foot. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I cleared all the snow on our path earlier, easily 4 inches of it-there's more than that now where I cleared:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Old Laghey Road is quite dodgy. Considering the amount of homes out this way now, I'm surprised I don't see gritter lorries coming out. Even if they came out and gritted Britton's hill (dunno the right name for that wee brae, but it can be quite dodgy during this weather).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    Old Laghey Road is quite dodgy. Considering the amount of homes out this way now, I'm surprised I don't see gritter lorries coming out. Even if they came out and gritted Britton's hill (dunno the right name for that wee brae, but it can be quite dodgy during this weather).

you could say that about a lot of places, where do you stop, where do you start ?

couple of guys have taken it on themselves to grit the worst hills up to our house on the drimarone road (neighbours were out earlier as they were last year). you cant rely on the council .

• Advertisement

I cleared all the snow on our path earlier, easily 4 inches of it-there's more than that now where I cleared:D
    Did the same this morning. Cleared away about 5" from most of the driveway but had to go back out half an hour ago and clear a wee path through it. Theres about 7 or 8 ins. fell this evening.

I hadnt realised there was as much till a woman came to the door an hour ago looking for help as her car was stuck. I thought she was stuck on a slight hill but the car was on a level part of the road. She had pulled in close to the kerb and couldnt get out of the snow again. The problem was that no one was driving close to the kerb today so the snow was really really deep. Had to get a shovel and clear the snow around the car and with a bit of a push she got away. Walking along the footpath the snow was half way up my shins.

Thats as bad as I have ever seen so dont go out tonight folks and Im certainly not going to get to Bibbas tonight either :(

Advertisement