Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather warning / Road Condition thread 2010 / 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

bettlebrox wrote: »
    I agree, this caddie's gotta drive down home from Dublin to Donegal Town on Wednesday morning after me flight from Amerikay. Reckon I'll be taking the N4 as it's a good national route that should be relatively clear.

lol the n4 is a mess at the mo and they have no salt , hope its sunny on wednesday

n4 sunday national road :eek:

5275398195_67a0b23cbe_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

If you walking around the town the footpaths aren't as bad as last time, ones at work are saying that the Dual Carrageway is terrible and Ballybofey Letterkenny road has just stopped, nobody can move!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

just done lifford to letterkenny, exactly one hour, the dual carriageway was by far rthe worst bit of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

danniemcq wrote: »
    If you walking around the town the footpaths aren't as bad as last time, ones at work are saying that the Dual Carrageway is terrible and Ballybofey Letterkenny road has just stopped, nobody can move!

Was on the Letterkenny-Ballybofey road last night and it was brutal, was like strictly come dancing with cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

N15 Bundoran to Sligo Road is pretty bad this morning, especially around Tullaghan - Cliffoney! took me an hour and 10 minutes to get from Bundoran to Sligo town! if you really have to travel, take your time on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Hoping to travel home to the Blue Stacks on Friday. I hear there is 10 inches of snow at my home place at the moment but its all frozen over so it is OK for driving on. I hope there is no Thaw until Saturday as it will be lethal to drive on during a thaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal bypass update... Monday 11am... Looks sooooo much better..... NOT !!
    66e1ebd9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

it made it to -18 in Castlederg ..funny how it goes back to -10 once you hit the border!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

only 1 christmas tree left in the coillte shop (2 before i got the last noble fir) a couple of hours ago !

all i can say is thank god for winter tyres

-9 this morning at the house -10 in donegal town

beautiful day though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

valor wrote: »
    HAs anybody travelled Letterkenny-Dublin? is it mostly fine once you get past Dual Carriageaway/Lifford?

My son travelled back to Dublin yesterday evening. 4 hours in to the journey, he said he was around halfway there, and road conditions were very bad.......and he's far from a nervous driver.

Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have to go to Dublin on Wednesday, back Thursday and I think the sensible option would be to stay at home now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I really want to get home for Christmas! Are buses running to Donegal town? Am due to travel on Thursday....

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    I really want to get home for Christmas! Are buses running to Donegal town? Am due to travel on Thursday....

Where are you coming from? Dublin route or Galway?

Looks like LK could get more snow in a few mins. Maybe.
    Raintoday.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

danniemcq wrote: »
    Where are you coming from? Dublin route or Galway?

Dublin :( I'm envisaging a scenario like the classic Trains, Planes and Automobiles....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

some of the icicles forming on gutterings is incredible! we have a huge one outside our kitchen window!

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Dublin :( I'm envisaging a scenario like the classic Trains, Planes and Automobiles....

You should make it going by some earlier posts. it's when you get as far as monaghan that it seems to be touch and go

Beanstalk wrote: »
    some of the icicles forming on gutterings is incredible! we have a huge one outside our kitchen window!

Yeah walking through letterkenny at 7 this morning was crazy looking with them. wonder would they do any damage if they fell like in greys anatomy ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We're planning on busing it to Dublin in the morning-good idea or bad idea????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭minichunkies

Bad

Ray Foley wrote: »
    Bad
    ah no, really??? :(
    I'll have a very upset 6 year old if I tell her that her new holidays are canceled and she isn't going to see her daddy(or Santa)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ah no, really??? :(
    I'll have a very upset 6 year old if I tell her that her new holidays are canceled and she isn't going to see her daddy(or Santa)

Never mind foley :rolleyes:

The buses should still be on, phone the Bus Depot to be sure, it will be slow going allow for double the usual journey time, but you should still get there...

Never mind foley :rolleyes:

The buses should still be on, phone the Bus Depot to be sure, it will be slow going allow for double the usual journey time, but you should still get there...
    Yeah have rang them, they said that they should all still be running but with delays-was planning on the 9.20 then hopefully we'll manage to be there for dinner-need to charge everything so we have things to do on the bus-you can charge books these days as well cant you????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

irish1967 wrote: »
    Looks like LK could get more snow in a few mins. Maybe.
    Raintoday.co.uk

it seems to be taking its time getting here but it looks like we're in for a few snow showers very soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sinead266

anybody know what the road from moville to derry is like?? heard there not being gritted, this is a nitemare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I went to Strabane today, while the roads in general are bad they are drivable with care, watch out for the road at Glenstone outside Killybegs this is always a dodgy spot, Barnesmore is not as bad as I thought it would be. From Stranorlar to Lifford is brutal frozen snow making it very hard to drive on so I would advise to avoid it plus on my way back a oil tanker overtook me and four other cars outside Killygordon madness:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Carrickman wrote: »
    I went to Strabane today, while the roads in general are bad they are drivable with care, watch out for the road at Glenstone outside Killybegs this is always a dodgy spot, Barnesmore is not as bad as I thought it would be. From Stranorlar to Lifford is brutal frozen snow making it very hard to drive on so I would advise to avoid it plus on my way back a oil tanker overtook me and four other cars outside Killygordon madness:eek:
    Agreed. I went from Lifford to Castlefinn tonight and back and it isn't good at all. I can't help but think it is made a lot worse by the total and utter stupidity of some people on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone know what Letterkenny is like? Has there been any snow showers there today?

Anyone know what Letterkenny is like? Has there been any snow showers there today?

No snow there today.

Hey anyone else here someone hurt by falling icicle earlier?

Be careful out there people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lulubenny

Just starting to snow here in Glenties Ardara area - very light snow at the minute so hopefully it stays that way.
    I was in Ballybofey and Letterkenny today and while the roads were bad they were passable with extreme care. There is a lot of snow still on all the roads and now some of it is turning to ice so when the thaw comes (if it ever does arrive!) its gonna be hell out there :eek:

Advertisement