Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather warning / Road Condition thread 2010 / 2011

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Lurgybrack is clear so I'd say most other roads are passable with care housing estates are bad but it's thawing fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Yip its pouring with rain here now so can't see it hanging around too long TBH, still though it came out of the blue! and with all the rain we had last night up till 3am or so when i went to bed, which ment it must have snowed very hard and heavy for it to lay on flooded ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

That was a bit of a shock! Weather said sleet cant be ruled out on hills in Ulster so I wasnt expecting to wake up to 3 inches of snow, seems to be thawing fast but its going to be a mess with slush all day now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

How far south west is the snowfall?
    Have to head to Galway about 11am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

All clear here. Mountains in the gap white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Its thawing very quickly in town, daughters feet got soaked on way to school so had to send home for dry shoes and tights, I'd say it'll be well gone soon-roads round us starting to flood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Was a nightmare walking to college this morning, ankle deep in slush so my feet have been soaked all day. Lower parts of the town are mostly clear now but I'm in Glencar and theres still plenty of snow about

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

mk2 wrote: »
    Where did that come from ah well plenty salt now!

All we need now is the tarmac to put the salt on!:D

It's slippy looking out there today again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

it's freezing in the house so could be worse outside alright:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hard frost on the car here. Temp round -2. Looks like winter ain't over yet.

The main roads are grand

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

We have about 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow in the glen above Ballybofey. It appears the postman was right again. It is still snowing heavily. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

We have about 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow in the glen above Ballybofey. It appears the postman was right again. It is still snowing heavily. :)
    Any idea what Barnesmore Gap is like or the town of Ballybofey?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any idea what Barnesmore Gap is like or the town of Ballybofey?
    Thank you.
    Ballybofey is fine and Id imagine the Gap is okay also. Haven't heard any reports about snow affecting the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

muffler wrote: »
    Ballybofey is fine and Id imagine the Gap is okay also. Haven't heard any reports about snow affecting the roads.
    Thanks, was supposed to go and see Des Bishop but was worried about getting back to Ballyshannon:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Hows it looking today?

Might be heading up tomorrow Letterkenny to Dunfanaghy way? Is it still snowing or is it gone again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Hows it looking today?

Might be heading up tomorrow Letterkenny to Dunfanaghy way? Is it still snowing or is it gone again?

Gone again. Some on very high ground though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Advertisement