Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD multiroom question(complicated)

• 26-11-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Sky Plus Hd box and a Sky box. I have no Hd subscriptions but I do pay multiroom. Sky have an offer where I can upgrade my Sky box to a Sky Plus Hd box if I pay $15 a month for Hd for at least a year. The new HD box would be going on an old non Hd ready television so it would be a bit pointless paying a sub for Hd. My question is would I be able to avail of the Hd on my original Sky Plus Hd box rather than on the new discounted box. Would i be able to do it just by swopping the viewing cards around or would the cards be specific to each box?

Edit - Ive just spoken to Sky on this and they say cards specific to each box. Im not sure I believe them though as there hardly going to say anything else.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Just swap the Digiboxes together with their respective cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Qprmeath wrote: »
    My question is would I be able to avail of the Hd on my original Sky Plus Hd box rather than on the new discounted box.

Yes
    If you are paying for multiroom you will have the same on both boxes.
    so HD for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

I had a similar situation, I had SKY HD for a couple of years and then cancelled my HD subscription. I also have a Sky+ box in another room. When the deal came about upgrading I decided I would ring up and upgrade the sky+ box to a HD+ and pay the subscription again. However Sky said that since I had already been a subscriber I did not qualify for a new HD+ box.

Has anyone in my situation ever managed to get a second HD+ box without having to pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

John mac wrote: »
    Yes
    If you are paying for multiroom you will have the same on both boxes.
    so HD for both.

Is Hd not €15 per room?

LarMan wrote: »
    I had a similar situation, I had SKY HD for a couple of years and then cancelled my HD subscription. I also have a Sky+ box in another room. When the deal came about upgrading I decided I would ring up and upgrade the sky+ box to a HD+ and pay the subscription again. However Sky said that since I had already been a subscriber I did not qualify for a new HD+ box.

Has anyone in my situation ever managed to get a second HD+ box without having to pay for it?

This is the current offer. not free but not too bad.

If you're already a Sky TV customer, you can experience entertainment in stunning high definition by upgrading to a free Sky+HD box when you take the HD Pack (€15 extra a month). Call 0818 762 832 to register and let us handle everything for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

Does anyone know how much it costs for a second HD box? Is it 99 euro at the moment?

The above offer applies to a second box. If you dont subscribe to Hd I think they said a new box is €160 including installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They charge full price-€199 for a Hd box if you already have a Sky+ box(HD or not) The t+c's state "one discounted box per household". The HD sub is 'per room' so works out to be very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The deal for new customers is HD and multiroom together for €20 p.m and install of €30, the boxes are free.Just do the old cancel and sign up under new name trick and viola you have 2 HD boxes in the house.Simply replace the multiroom box with your old HD box afterwards (the installer may not put it in for you).

Advertisement