Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in sunnier climes

Options
  • 26-11-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

For the first time ever, I won't be in Ireland for Christmas. I love Christmas.

I have mixed feelings about it, as I am sitting here on the couch watching Sky News reports of snow in the UK and the fact it is on the way to Ireland. :(

Anyway, has anyone celebrated Christmas away from home, specifically in a warmer climates? Or in non-Christian countries where Christmas isn't celebrated?

Any pointers as to what did/did not work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i always feel so bad for people in hot climates like Australia, etc at christmas. My worst nightmare would be christmas on the beach or having a bbq on Christmas day. Christmas without bad weather, hot fires, warm drinks, and a big roast turkey dinner is just not christmas.

the only think I can think of is if you turn the air conditioning down to the lowest, buy a turkey and cook it, dress warmly due to air conditioning and pretend you are back in Ireland. :D

Advertisement