Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

size of jpegs change

• 26-11-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Can any one tell me why a JPEG is 1.6MB if I attach it from pics to Windows Mail. But if I go to pics and select send to mail recipient it opens in a Windows mail window as only 120 KB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

They resize it to save space on their servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It won't resize it if you start a new mail message and attach the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

cgarrad wrote: »
    They resize it to save space on their servers.
    it gets bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It won't resize it if you start a new mail message and attach the file.
    does for me. it gets bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

What is the size of the file in your pics folder? I'd imagine that the second method is resizing the picture whereas the first is sending the original. You could always send them both to yourself and check the resolution or image quality I'd be very surprised if they are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

does for me. it gets bigger

There's magic afoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The file getting bigger is because it's mime encoded when you attach it to a mail and there's an overhead associated with that.

Advertisement