Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build advice please lads

Options
  • 26-11-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Well me order is in transit as we speak so should land around wednesday/Thurs..
    As I`ve never built a pc before im after a few pointers of what not to do and what to look out for...Or better still If ye know of some sort of tutorial I can take a peep at would be good....

Cheers
    Dwighet

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

This is handy to use as a step by step checklist.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

And for more detail on any specific step, youtube is a good friend.

Most of all enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054994238

The Building and Upgrading FAQ should always be your first port of call. Some good links in there for you.

Plus a quick google should tell you all you should need, along with youtube for some video guides (as Marco suggested above).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054994238

The Building and Upgrading FAQ should always be your first port of call. Some good links in there for you.

Plus a quick google should tell you all you should need, along with youtube for some video guides (as Marco suggested above).
    Nice one lads....didnt even think of looking in the FAQ section...

Im thinking the first requirement is 12 cans of Australias finest Kangaroo p!ss(fosters) as I think it will be a long day;)

Im actually looking forward to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well with all that gas inside ya from the beer, be careful you don't, er, 'blow' the board lol

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

was in the same boat a few short weeks ago. I found youtude very handy as it gives you a good overview of the whole process. Was bricking the processor. Make a small mistake where the ram went and how much force to apply to seat it correctly. The internet and boards were very helpful to check small detail. Great sense of achievment after it. In the end it was much easier than what I thought it would it be. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

mraie wrote: »
    was in the same boat a few short weeks ago. I found youtude very handy as it gives you a good overview of the whole process. Was bricking the processor. Make a small mistake where the ram went and how much force to apply to seat it correctly. The internet and boards were very helpful to check small detail. Great sense of achievment after it. In the end it was much easier than what I thought it would it be. Best of luck with it.

Good to see im not the lone soldier here....
    So far I have got a load of good help from the lads here...And more questions will be asked when I attempt the overclocking craic...That sounds like fun now!!!!

Advertisement