Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheap but good headset?

• 26-11-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

My little bro has asked for a turtle beach headset for xmas can anyone tell me which model is best. I have a budget of about €100 max any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I went from Turtle Beach XLCs which were very good but the bottom of the range to X11s which would be midprice but a quantum leap in terms of sound quality. The X11s are under your budget too. Try E-Bay for deals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have the X11 too and they are an excellent headset. If you want to push the boat out the X31s are basically a wireless version of the X11s and are also within your 100 euro budget ;78.49 on amazon (Plus free shipping).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Wireless-Headset-Force/dp/B002KSPL36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

maybe this is a silly question but would wireless headset still work if he is using wifi to connect to xbl the reason i ask is i cant use my wireless earphones cheap ass ones when i am on the laptop they seem to interfer with the wifi?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

danois wrote: »
    maybe this is a silly question but would wireless headset still work if he is using wifi to connect to xbl the reason i ask is i cant use my wireless earphones cheap ass ones when i am on the laptop they seem to interfer with the wifi?

Interference is always a possiblity with WiFi devices, as far as I know the X31 have the ability to "frequency-hop" ie. scan for the best available channel when used around other wireless devices, which a cheap set would not have the capability to do. It is not an guarantee of no interference, especially in very busy wifi areas, but does much reduce the possibility.

I could not say how effective the scanning technology is as I do not own a set personally (opted for the X11 for price reasons) . All I can recommend is to do a bit of research to see if there are many reports of interference problems with this headset, and if you still have serious doubts then go wired :). (From what little I recall of my research a few month ago I don't think it was a overly common problem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Go with the x11's you'll have no worries with the wires and the wire is so long it never gets in the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I have component cables hooking up to a surround sound system. Can the X11s plug into them giving the option to switch between?

I have component cables hooking up to a surround sound system. Can the X11s plug into them giving the option to switch between?

It comes with one of these 3.5mm / RCA splitters which basically branches off the existing component audio to a 3.5mm output, so you can have sound on both devices (so you can simply mute/turn off the one you are not using).

audioSplitter.jpg

Advertisement