Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Prices

Options
  • 26-11-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,227 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What headed paper is on the contract he signed?

Does the contract state first month free, €61 a month there after?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Contract is with the _retailer_. If he quits now he gets a free sky box and dish and all the free channels . All he has to do is take the retailer to the SCC for €15 and he will win if that piece of paper says free month and €61 thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,227 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Contract is with the _retailer_. If he quits now he gets a free sky box and dish and all the free channels . All he has to do is take the retailer to the SCC for €15 and he will win if that piece of paper says free month and €61 thereafter.

I'd imagine his contract is with sky if they are billing him directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The service contract would be with Sky, but the sale (and the contract of sale) would be with the retailer. As the retailer lied, they are responsible for any and all costs.

I'd cancel the direct debit, and refer Sky to the retailer for the inevitable charges that they will want to charge. Put everything in writing, and send to both Sky and the retail agent. Cancel the direct debit by writing to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are you sure they are actually looking to charge him €98 a month?
    It may be just a pro-rata charge, where they are charging him in arrears for viewing up to his billing date, and then charging him in advance for the month beginning from the billing date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

What channels did he get?

3 entertainment packs and the Sky Sports pack are €61 a month (with the first month free)

Do you have the movie channels or more entertainment packs?

There's a €30 set-up fee.

€97 would be all entertainment packs, Sky Sports Pack and the €30 fee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I used to work in one of those stands...

Did your father contact the person he bought it off? (guy in the stand)

Sounds like some colossal mess up to me...

I'm glad it's resolved, but in future, my advice is to contact the person you bought it off first...
    Same goes for Tv's or phones or anything.

If my TV breaks I bring it back to the retailer, not Sony themselves etc... I know it's a bit different with a contract, but when I worked there. If I was at fault I would work my ass off to fix it, because I would get in some serious trouble otherwise!!

Advertisement