Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faith No More NOT Breaking Up Again....

Options
  • 26-11-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

75364_464498062382_114604382382_5319455_2650846_n.jpg

According to previous commentary that Faith No More were going to break up, following the conclusion of their Reunion Tour dates, some of which I had read on this forum and heard from bassist Bill Gould...I taught it worth mentioning that the band are actually performing this weekend in Hollywood - this followed by a final show in Chile, organised following the recent uplifting story of the survival of the Chilean miners - rumours persist this show will be taped for a pro shot DVD/Blu Ray
    On performing again:
    ““I personally can’t see us not doing anymore shows again, I just don’t see it. There’s no point in not to do it. Why quit now? I think it’s just this tour…we did this tour and that’s what we decided to do. And we did it. We accomplished this goal, it worked out for all of us, and then we look at each other and say, ‘hey what do you want to do now?’ And I think that’s how it’s got to be.”

On a new album:
    “Everything is great for doing it and if we did it, it’s going to be great. It’s going to be because this is the best energy ever. And people have done a lot of other things since then that could bring a lot more to it than before. But that’s my take on it. I’ve got to let it go with that because if it’s meant to be, it’s meant to happen.”

I'm sure some of you already knew this but, in the weird and wonderful world of FNM, it's something that gives us hope the band may play more shows in the future and even release a new album.

NOVEMBER 2010

Nov 30 Hollywood Palladium • SOLD OUT Los Angeles, CA USA
    Dec 1 Hollywood Palladium • SOLD OUT Los Angeles, CA USA

DECEMBER 2010

Dec 5 Bicentenário de la Florida Santiago CHILE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Isn't that Chile show with Primus? Or Radiohead? Cos it sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It would be a crying shame if they never toured again, they were so good last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

As much as I like FnM I really wish they would call it a day. What if they release a steaming turd of an album? Would put me right off them. Yes! I am that fickle! (Not really).

I liken it to Soundgarden getting back/touring or whatever that rumour was AGES ago.

These bands belonged in their own timeline. Then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Any band who comes up with a song called 'Everything's Ruined' and makes it one of the most uplifting, inspiring pieces of music I've ever heard can make as many records as they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mushy wrote: »
    Isn't that Chile show with Primus? Or Radiohead? Cos it sounds awesome.
    Yep, Primus is supporting.

As far as this goes, and from a the point of view of the FNM fanatic that I am, favourite band by a long shot, I would be delighted to see them continue touring - but allow spaces between their tours. Personally I don't necessarily want to see another album, they're great as it is, but if Billy, Puffy, Roddy, Jon and Mike want to do it, and feel that they're still good enough to pull out a cracking album, they should go for it.

But if Mike doesn't feel that they can put out a FNM standard album they won't. He done that after Album Of The Year, and probably the same reason Mr. Bungle split after California - not to spoil the bands amazing back catalogue.

And yes, Everything's Ruined is awesome (plus the intentionally ****, therefore hilarious video)! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement