Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowing in Galway?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 5:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heard this on Montcreiff-is it true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, loads of my friends have facebook status updates about it snowing in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

yes it is snowig in tuam at the moment:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

We have a school fundraiser on Sunday (Carlow)so for once, hoping that it WON'T snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Ex just rang en route from Clare to Sligo, his wipers have packed in just outside Tuam, said he can't see a thing. He's ringing for his breakdown service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Road into Gort via Peterswell is white, travelled it earlier tonight from Ballinakill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I think everywhere in Galway is white at this stage,If it freezes tonight driving conditions will be treacherous tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone know what the Loughrea/Woodford area is like?
    I might have to stay in Dublin a few extra days if it's bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

hello all
    pouring down snow in tuam at the mo
    easy on the roads :eek:

lads, take it handy today. I drove from Menlough/Monivea into the city this morning, leathal!!

seriously, dont go out if you dont have to, until it thaws a bit at least anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

lads, take it handy today. I drove from Menlough/Monivea into the city this morning, leathal!!

seriously, dont go out if you dont have to, until it thaws a bit at least anyway

That's my route into work (we must be neighbours!!!) I'm getting the Bus into Galway tomorrow there's no way I'm getting in the car!! Was driving home from Athenry on Friday afternoon just as it started, the road just turned white so quickly, bloody terrifying!!!

I made a fairly pathetic snowman today!

149695_10150334824760307_737165306_15668484_3186196_n.jpg

Here's what my cat thinks of the snow!
    155823_10150334827810307_737165306_15668552_4856051_n.jpg
    Her home is the trampoline but that's been taken over so she's confined to the boiler coz of the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

minus 5 in corofin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

-7.5c on the way to work in Tuam this morning. Looks like a LOT of snow is on the way to Galway next Friday/Saturday.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    -7.5c on the way to work in Tuam this morning. Looks like a LOT of snow is on the way to Galway next Friday/Saturday.

Yeah, we read -7.5 on the N17 at about 9.30 this morning. So, so cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Really? I saw the forecast but nothing really stood out? Lucky (unlucky) flippers in Dublin getting all the fun (misery).:(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

The snow has arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

N17 at a standstill for people travelling from Tuam to Galway apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Drove Loughrea to Ballinasloe on the old road this morning at about half 9, crazy snow all the way over there, but think Ahascragh got the worst of it, still ~6 inches of snow lying on the ground when I left there at half 3 this afternoon.

ugh, I still in work, working late. I just dont fancy the drive home this evening. Was talking to the OH an hour ago, she said there's still several inches of snow out our way.

Took me 90 mins to get in today (normally 25 mins) so I'm dreading on how long its going to take to get home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

ugh, I still in work, working late. I just dont fancy the drive home this evening. Was talking to the OH an hour ago, she said there's still several inches of snow out our way.

Took me 90 mins to get in today (normally 25 mins) so I'm dreading on how long its going to take to get home :(

Hope you made it safely. It was two hours by bus from Tuam to Galway this morning and another half hour by car. The snow made a hoor of the grit that had been spread earlier. -6 predicted for tonight but doesn't feel it as yet. Safe driving in the morning

I made it home alright. Took me over 2 hours.

When I pulled into the house this depth of snow greeted me, must have been blowing something awful while I was at work

137585.jpg

Advertisement