Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Jesus! And with absolutely none of it melting there is snow chance of these exams going on. Only 2 days of exams will be lost anyway, hardly a nightmare

You just couldn't help yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

take your ticket to the cloakroom and get your coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tom1991 wrote: »
    take your ticket to the cloakroom and get your coat

I thawed it would be a welcome pun?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Whats the snow in town like now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

was in town there around half 3 and was pretty treacharous.n11 is an absolute nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 decotipp

when are they going to tell us, its a pure joke to be honest. if they had any sende they would be called off for the welfare of the students and general public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

totally agree.and even if they are on id like clarification.hate this waiting around on them to make an update

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SemiMental

Still no news on if the will cancel the exams or not it seems.
    Anyone have any idea when it will be known if they will go ahead or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

decotipp wrote: »
    when are they going to tell us, its a pure joke to be honest. if they had any sende they would be called off for the welfare of the students and general public
    I know its so stupid we have not been told yet. I wanted to get my last two exams out of they way but after the trouble I had last night getting home I just hope there cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

SemiMental wrote: »
    Still no news on if the will cancel the exams or not it seems.
    Anyone have any idea when it will be known if they will go ahead or not?

Knowing UCD they'll wait until Dublin Bus try all the routes once to see how they're going. Then at half 8 when we're been ****ed down with snow and the roads resemble what they did last night they'll cancel them. Would the 230 euro repeat and 50 euro for not having a student card at an exam not go towards re-arranging them post Christmas.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

spillit67 wrote: »
    Would the 230 euro repeat and 50 euro for not having a student card at an exam not go towards re-arranging them post Christmas.:rolleyes:

No thats for bonuses and the like. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ajc12345

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']This is an email i received from a member of the students union earlier this morning, most bus routes and other transport systems are working normally. it looks like the exams are going ahead to be honest

"Just letting you know I have been up all night on the phone to Buildings and Services in UCD and the RDS and with the Health and Safety Office of both. The situation is being reviewed every 20-30 minutes. At this stage we will wait until 6am tomorrow morning. I will be up at 6 and will be in contact with UCD Assessment and the Buildings and Services people and the health and safety people again at that time. In the morning they will review the weather and they will check all public transport. By 7am there should be an update posted on UCD's homepage if there is any change in plan. If there is a change in the plan, i will post this on our facebook and on ucdsu.ie. As it stands exams are going ahead and if you are unable to make it, UCD will accept and extenuating circumstances form backed up by a Garda Report.

I hope that helps,

Kind Regards,"
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

There ought to be an update regardless of whether the plan changes or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

7.40-8.45 lunar eclipse. Might cheers us up to see the moon glowing red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I honestly couldn't see them being canceled at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

The fact they have not updated the status would suggest there either unconcerned thinking that last nights status would suffice or there is an issue about them going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I can't believe they haven't updated the website. Its insane that the morning exams are going ahead. Shameful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 finnelly3000

Dublin
    21 December 2010- updated at 06:00
    Today

Extremely cold with frost, fog and ice. Snow showers with a risk of thunder, mainly in the east. Temps of -4 to 0 C

Come on ucd your best off not putting people at risk, just cancel them for today!

The fact there has been no update since 6:45 last night is embarrassing and idiotic if the situation is supposedly being reviewed every half hour. At this stage, even though I live a 20 minute walk from the rds, I would almost leave to head in for a nine o'clock exam. Lucky my exams aren't til wed so im in bed here with the radiator on and a nice cup of tea beside me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Pretty shambolic, i'm a fair bit away and want to know if i have to leave!?

• Advertisement

I think I'm gonna cry - worst December ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

update, going ahead

Outrageous call! Invigilators as well as many, many students arent going to make it

UCD IS A JOKE!!

... news people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Wow that really is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I don't so much mind the exams going ahead as I mind the lack of any direct communication from UCD since 18:46 yesterday evening, especially as an update was set for 6:00 and then for 7:00.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I can't believe they are actually going ahead in this. It's completely irresponsible. More snow probably going to hit in an hour. It's going be a disaster at the 9 o'clock exams. As before, Dublin Bus will always claim everything is okay until 5 minutes before they start pulling services altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I know it's rough guys but we have to keep going though this weather . There's plenty of primary and secondary schools open today (including my own). Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

This disappoints me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Well I'm on my way. My exam is at 12. With a bit of luck I'll make it in time :P

How I'm going to get home, however is a whole other story.

Advertisement