Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This'll be in my head aallll day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Time to head into the library, it better not close early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Snow = falling.

Student advisor = emailed.

Chet = staying at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 finnelly3000

You tha man Chet... Fight the power!!

There are heavy snow showers in east leinster forecasted for today and tonight. Temperature won't go above 0. Source met.ie. Right now there are horrible dark clouds coming in over Dublin bay. I think by mid-morning the decision to continue the exams will be shown up to be a short-sighted reactive approach to overnight weather, and not a pro-active approach taking into account the forecast for today

• Advertisement

There are heavy snow showers in east leinster forecasted for today and tonight. Temperature won't go above 0. Source met.ie. Right now there are horrible dark clouds coming in over Dublin bay. I think by mid-morning the decision to continue the exams will be shown up to be a short-sighted reactive approach to overnight weather, and not a pro-active approach taking into account the forecast for today

If only UCD decision makers were as smart and as knowledgeable as us ... no sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

I know it's rough guys but we have to keep going though this weather . There's plenty of primary and secondary schools open today (including my own). Good luck

It can all depend what part of Dublin you are in. And UCD unlike local primary school catchment area is rather large. I made it in however I think the 9am was possibly a blessing. Very few cars out but the roads were ****ing awful. There's forecasts for 8 plus cms starting soon. Irresponsible IMO on UCDs behalf. Regardless UCD's updates on this matter were a disgrace.

According to 'will it rain today?' website, large precipitation expected in south dublin in the next half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Eh so I'm stuck in Galway , just missed my bus because my car got a puncture. There's no way I can make this exam. Would these count as extenuating circumstances?

only if you get the guards to write you a letter!

• Advertisement

Capturesdsd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Yeah I suppose they have to once I show them the reciept from teh garage for a new tyre

yeh better have your story straight, the gardaí are no fools and will not be handing out letters willy nilly. They are trained to investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

domrush wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose they have to once I show them the reciept from teh garage for a new tyre

I'd say they'll do it without any hassle at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 squeek squeek

Have one at 6pm, and buses stopped at 8 last night, so how is everyone supposed to get home?

Is anyone actually going to go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Exam at 6 tonight. Going to walk into the library now for a bit of last minute preparation. I'd love to be able to see the carnage at the exams this morning.

UCD are a pack of morons. DCU and all those colleges postponed their exams last year and the snow wasn't as bad as this. Jokeshop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

UCD's lack of communication has been an absolute disgrace. Over 12 hours between updates when people have 9am exams to try and get to in this weather.

They are putting the health and safety of their students at risk, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

But hey, at least I can pop in and see Scott Ahearn for a cup of tea if the mood strikes me. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

starting to snow opposite ucd again.could be an interesting few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck everyone! I am honestly stunned that they are allowing the exams to go ahead today.

• Advertisement

Snowing very heavily now in Ballsbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Pelting down in ucd!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Pretty bad around here too, I wonder if this will make UCD stop ignoring the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Pretty bad around here too, I wonder if this will make UCD stop ignoring the situation

But sure nobody's going to get injured on their property, so it's grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think it's pretty obvious UCD had put zero thought into the chance of severe weather so they never had any consideration for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think it's pretty obvious UCD had put zero thought into the chance of severe weather so they never had any consideration for a cancellation.

The exams are scheduled about a year in advance. They were severely constrained by the leaving cert delay so there wasn't much of a need to consider for severe weather. Our climate indicates we have mild winters, you cant predict for weather 12 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

From James Williamson on FB:
    Guys, Just letting you know that I am working to get the exams cancelled for today. Please keep checking the website and here for updates. I should have some news in the next 40 minutes either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

go on James ya mad thing ya

Advertisement