Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I've two exams tomorrow and am really hoping they'll be postponed, moreso for the inconvenience and stress of commuting in this weather rather than the exams themselves. And contrary to my username, I don't actually live in D4 so I'll be having some problems- half an hour walk from my house to closest DART station and I'm absolutely phobic of walking in snow and ice. I'm always the one to fall and wind up with my whole side drenched and several bruises. Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Here's the weather forecast. Can't wait getting home in this...
    Extremely cold this afternoon with patches of freezing fog. Heavy and prolonged snow showers over west and south Munster and many parts of Leinster, with a risk of thunder. Just scattered snow showers elsewhere but frost and ice persisting. Bitterly cold with highest temperatures only between -7 and -2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Here's the weather forecast. Can't wait getting home in this...

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

They laughed at me when I spent my life savings on that snowmobile....WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!! Mwahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ellen_16

I have an exam this evening at 6 and I have to make my way up from Galway. If I have to go I'll go but I just wish they could let people know sooner and make a decision one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have two exams tomorrow, one at 12, one at 6.

I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND 8 HOURS IN THE RDS TOMORROW >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

ellen_16 wrote: »
    I have an exam this evening at 6 and I have to make my way up from Galway. If I have to go I'll go but I just wish they could let people know sooner and make a decision one way or another.

People are taking 5 hours to get up and down the dual carriageway, so theres not a chance you should be expected to make it from Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

can anyone tell me where the RDS shuttle bus is supposed to leave UCD from? i have heard they are cancelled, but seeing as i'm on campus i might as well go doublecheck fro myself.
    someone said the bus stop near the quinn building where the 10/39A leaves from, but someone else said from the carpark by the quinn building..
    can anybody clarify for me?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 woopah

I feel so sorry for you guys.
    I'm not even in UCD- I'm from Limerick.
    But I'm checking the updates every five minutes to make sure ye get home...
    It's absolutely ridiculous! Good luck though guys and merry christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Wish they'd ever let us know so I can either make the trek home for a nice sleep or cram for my exam at 3pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

can anyone tell me where the RDS shuttle bus is supposed to leave UCD from? i have heard they are cancelled, but seeing as i'm on campus i might as well go doublecheck fro myself.
    someone said the bus stop near the quinn building where the 10/39A leaves from, but someone else said from the carpark by the quinn building..
    can anybody clarify for me?
    Thanks
    The last bus stop in the row that the number 10 used to leave from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The shuttle bus stopped running about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ellen_16 wrote: »

Don't even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

think ill leave now for my exams 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

According to someone on the SU facebook, a photo of your snowy road should be enough for the extenuating circumstances form. Well done UCD, well done.

Edit:

3-5 EXAMS TODAY GOING AHEAD. ALL EXAMS AFTER THAT CANCELLED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

3-5pm exams are going ahead, just updated there on the SU facebook, any after that are cancelled.

FÚCK now I have to study

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does "any after that" include tomorrow as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

http://www.ucd.ie/news/2010/11NOV10/301110-Campus-weather-update.html

FROM 6PM TODAY AND TOMORROW CANCELLED :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So clearly UCD don't give a toss about people getting home once they get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

And my Xmas begins now :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Does "any after that" include tomorrow as well?

Id assume so. Its only going to get worse today and tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I'm sure everyone has been clicking refresh all morning instead of studying (like me), but IT WORKED!

Quote from UCD weather update thingy:

Tuesday 21st December: URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT - All examinations scheduled from 6.00pm on Tuesday 21st December and Wednesday 22nd December postponed
    Due to the deterioration in weather conditions and the increased problems relating to transport, UCD has taken the decision to defer all exams from 6pm on Tuesday 21st
    December and on Wednesday 22nd December.
    The university had a contingency plan should these conditions arise and has rescheduled the postponed exams for 17th and 18th January in the RDS. The revised timetable will be published as soon as possible.
    Belfield and Blackrock campuses will close at 6pm on Tuesday 21st. Updates will be published on the UCD website. www.ucd.ie

Thank you F5. I'll never doubt your magic again, you beauty.
    Still very annoying in one way. Had an easy exam tomorrow anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Awesome, guess I'll be doing Differential Geometry after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

From a purely selfish point of view..... AH SH1T I wanted to be done!!!

But from a common sense point of view.... About time UCD, it was a case of when, not if, for the last 12 hours!

Any idea of when the reschedule will be? I really hope mid-january time, I am in no position to carry over a workload like this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any idea of when the reschedule will be? I really hope mid-january time, I am in no position to carry over a workload like this!
    17th and 18th of January.
    Tuesday 21st December: URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT - All examinations scheduled from 6.00pm on Tuesday 21st December and Wednesday 22nd December postponed

Due to the deterioration in weather conditions and the increased problems relating to transport, UCD has taken the decision to defer all exams from 6pm on Tuesday 21st
    December and on Wednesday 22nd December.

The university had a contingency plan should these conditions arise and has rescheduled the postponed exams for 17th and 18th January in the RDS. The revised timetable will be published as soon as possible.

Belfield and Blackrock campuses will close at 6pm on Tuesday 21st.

Updates will be published on the UCD website. www.ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

17th and 18th of January.

Lovely Jumbly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Library closing at 5:30PM, campus at 6PM. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

17th and 18th is grand. Can relax over Christmas and then deal with these last 2 exams in mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I was looking forward to that nice feeling of relief after doing the last exam. You all know the one I'm talking about. This is just weird.
    Maybe it'll sink in and I'll be legging it around town in the nip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Will the campus stay closed tomorrow? I need to get to the student desk before xmas.

Advertisement