Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

aidoh wrote: »
    The university had a contingency plan should these conditions arise

lol thrown together in the last 20 mins I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

If we're back for semester 2 on the 17th, and the exams will now be on the 17th/18th, how do you think that'll efect the timetable? Probably not at all but I wonder did they even realize that's the day we're back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

aidoh wrote: »
    If we're back for semester 2 on the 17th, and the exams will now be on the 17th/18th, how do you think that'll efect the timetable? Probably not at all but I wonder did they even realize that's the day we're back.

Id say they were well aware of the dates we were returning - better have them during the scheduled semester in order to not disrupt peoples holiday plans.

Most tutorials do not occur in the first week, and missing a lecture or two probably is no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Wonder what the 1 semester exchangers are gonna do

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Will the campus stay closed tomorrow? I need to get to the student desk before xmas.
    Yes. Closing this evening until after Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

DSC00015.jpgDSC00014.jpgDSC00013.jpgDSC00012.jpgDSC00011.jpgDSC00009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Dumb they didnt cancel today, it was pretty bad on their part the lack of communication and decision to let this mornings exam go ahead, but it worked out for me because I'm happy I'm finished

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

Id say they were well aware of the dates we were returning - better have them during the scheduled semester in order to not disrupt peoples holiday plans.

Most tutorials do not occur in the first week, and missing a lecture or two probably is no biggie.

I'm going to miss three seminars and two lectures.
    Great start to the last semester of final year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm going to miss three seminars and two lectures.
    Great start to the last semester of final year.

That's assuming you're going to be in exams for two days solid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So infuriated right now. Last night didn't do a tap of study because I though UCD would have the common sense to cancel the exams (yes, I realise the irony in this comment, especially the former fact). Then 7:30am they said it was going ahead. I was shitting myself and then just felt so apathetic, I tried to cram as much as I could in 1 hour before I had to leave at 8:45am. On the way over this class rep page on facebook for updates. Then around an hour and a half before the exam Jame Williamson said he was trying to get them canceled. I calmed down then, decided I might turn back home cause I was in Fairview at that point and thought it would be hell to get the rest of the way across town. Then checked my facebook a few minutes later just to be sure. NO! 12pm was still going ahead! Heart sunk. I dragged my apathetic corpse over to the RDS, managed to arrive just when the exams were about to start (miracle) - fell twice while running up to the RDS, made a laughing stock of myself.

I'm pretty sure I failed that exam, if I had made to effort to study last night I probably would have passed but I didn't know whether I was coming or going - many people were like that situation though I believe. Then I came out of the exam, bucketing down snow. BUT HEY, UCD decided that the 3-5pm exams were going ahead too, and a hell of a lot more snow on the way! Luckily I didn't have an exam then but what a f*cking joke like. My heart goes out to the people who sat their exam between 3pm and 5pm ... respect. Don't know how you people got home, it took my 4 and a half hours. UCD f*cktards can't organise an orgy in a brothel. Purely idiotic.

[/RANT]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

So infuriated right now. Last night didn't do a tap of study because I though UCD would have the common sense to cancel the exams (yes, I realise the irony in this comment, especially the former fact). Then 7:30am they said it was going ahead. I was shitting myself and then just felt so apathetic, I tried to cram as much as I could in 1 hour before I had to leave at 8:45am. On the way over this class rep page on facebook for updates. Then around an hour and a half before the exam Jame Williamson said he was trying to get them canceled. I calmed down then, decided I might turn back home cause I was in Fairview at that point and thought it would be hell to get the rest of the way across town. Then checked my facebook a few minutes later just to be sure. NO! 12pm was still going ahead! Heart sunk. I dragged my apathetic corpse over to the RDS, managed to arrive just when the exams were about to start (miracle) - fell twice while running up to the RDS, made a laughing stock of myself.

I'm pretty sure I failed that exam, if I had made to effort to study last night I probably would have passed but I didn't know whether I was coming or going - many people were like that situation though I believe. Then I came out of the exam, bucketing down snow. BUT HEY, UCD decided that the 3-5pm exams were going ahead too, and a hell of a lot more snow on the way! Luckily I didn't have an exam then but what a f*cking joke like. My heart goes out to the people who sat their exam between 3pm and 5pm ... respect. Don't know how you people got home, it took my 4 and a half hours. UCD f*cktards can't organise an orgy in a brothel. Purely idiotic.

[/RANT]
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

UCD f*cktards can't organise an orgy in a brothel.

If you think about it, an orgy in a brothel would be a logistical and administrative nightmare. I suppose if you had some sort of time stamp clock in-clock out system in operation it may work but that would need to be signed off stating services provided at the time. Then you've got to worry about prepay versus postpay and the implications that arise from this during the orgy. At best you could get away with maybe one administrative assistant per two/three prostitutes but again this would need to be signed off at the time.

Nightmare.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    If you think about it, an orgy in a brothel would be a logistical and administrative nightmare. I suppose if you had some sort of time stamp clock in-clock out system in operation it may work but that would need to be signed off stating services provided at the time. Then you've got to worry about prepay versus postpay and the implications that arise from this during the orgy. At best you could get away with maybe one administrative assistant per two/three prostitutes but again this would need to be signed off at the time.

Nightmare.

How about;

"UCD f*cktards can't organise a pissup in a brewery"

or

"UCD f*cktards can't organise clutter"

etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

So infuriated right now. Last night didn't do a tap of study because I though UCD would have the common sense to cancel the exams (yes, I realise the irony in this comment, especially the former fact).

<SNIP>

I'm pretty sure I failed that exam, if I had made to effort to study last night I probably would have passed but I didn't know whether I was coming or going - many people were like that situation though I believe.

In fairness, you can hardly blame them in this instance. It is not written in stone that you have to leave your study to the last minute. In fact most advise you to study and prepare well in advance whether you are doing an exam or handing in an assignment. That is why you never leave a submission of an assignment to the last minute or never leave your study for an exam to the last minute. I know that sounds harsh, but it is true.

In fairness, you can hardly blame them in this instance. It is not written in stone that you have to leave your study to the last minute. In fact most advise you to study and prepare well in advance whether you are doing an exam or handing in an assignment. That is why you never leave a submission of an assignment to the last minute or never leave your study for an exam to the last minute. I know that sounds harsh, but it is true.
    Usually don't but the day before the exam I usually gather my thoughts together. Sometimes I forget things from two weeks ago. Everyone's different. And I'm not blaming anyone really.

Advertisement