Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

For anyone concerned they'd missed it. The snowball fight was cancelled. Sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Conor108 wrote: »
    For anyone concerned they'd missed it. The snowball fight was cancelled. Sad face.
    Eh it kinda went ahead!

That ninja guy was hilarious, at one stage he was just standing with a camera filming everything while getting pelted with snowballs from all directions, he seemed to be loving it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Conor108 wrote: »

What are you talking about, there were snowball fights all over the place. There appeared to be quite a big one in front of AIB at around 3pm.

oh I meant the yoke on facebook! Which I suppose doesn't really mean anything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gottcha_goin

Any updates on whether UCD is opening tomorrow? Seeing as more forecasts of snow on the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Gym is closed anyway until further notice. Got 2 txts tonight about it.

3 tests over the next day so I wouldn't mind if the college shuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Last I heard this evening is that the college will be open. :(

Presentation on Wed so I wouldn't mind if the place closed at all at all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Where do the swans go when the lake freezes over?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was just wondering that! On Sunday, the whole lake was frozen except for a small section in the middle. All the swans were in that 8m section in the middle. Today they are all gone :O. Has anyone checked underneath the ice? :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Snowed in and can't get to Dublin. 2 essays due in for Friday. Do ye reckon I would qualify for an extension?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So people what's the probability of the exams getting postponed due to the bad weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

So people what's the probability of the exams getting postponed due to the bad weather?

Highly unlikely I'd say. However it would be nice if they could be forwarded by one hour. So 9am would start at 10am to give everyone a good chance of getting in. Wouldn't make a huge difference except for finishing at 9pm.

Its still two weeks away, so it will most likely be the usual crispy cold weather for the RDS.
    Snowed in and can't get to Dublin. 2 essays due in for Friday. Do ye reckon I would qualify for an extension?

I'd email the lecturer and include the essay as a PDF. Proves you've done it.

QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN!!!

Focking commerce students recking the gaff with their snowballs. Seriously I'd expect some of this to have more cop on. One shmart lad decided to throw a snowball out into some random direction and it nearly hit this old woman on the head. Then they decided to start throwing snowballs at the bus stops.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Highly unlikely I'd say. However it would be nice if they could be forwarded by one hour. So 9am would start at 10am to give everyone a good chance of getting in. Wouldn't make a huge difference except for finishing at 9pm.

Its still two weeks away, so it will most likely be the usual crispy cold weather for the RDS.

Does anyone know if they were postponed in this past? I mean if it gets really really worse, (like 20 inches or something), then it's going to be extremely hard for people who have to come from the Northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Focking commerce students recking the gaff with their snowballs. Seriously I'd expect some of this to have more cop on. One shmart lad decided to throw a snowball out into some random direction and it nearly hit this old woman on the head. Then they decided to start throwing snowballs at the bus stops.
    Well if the guards didn't need to be called, it's still a step up from last time there was snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Raphael wrote: »
    Well if the guards didn't need to be called, it's still a step up from last time there was snow.

They were...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why do some girls still insist on wearing only tights when its snowing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Does anyone know if they were postponed in this past? I mean if it gets really really worse, (like 20 inches or something), then it's going to be extremely hard for people who have to come from the Northside.

They cannot logistically postpone the exams. Trinity use the RDS after Christmas for exams. Theoretically yes if there was a massive snowfall around Dublin they would have to postpone but I doubt it would happen. They would lose a load of money doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Offside wrote: »
    They were...
    Oh, ok. Hurray for idiots. Glad I stayed in the lab all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

They cannot logistically postpone the exams. Trinity use the RDS after Christmas for exams. Theoretically yes if there was a massive snowfall around Dublin they would have to postpone but I doubt it would happen. They would lose a load of money doing it.

Both UCD and Trinity use the RDS at the same time in the Summer exams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

ironclaw wrote: »

I haven't done it yet though, I need to get to the library and get books. I'll lash them an email and find out I guess. I really hope they're understanding, as this weather just causes havoc for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd say the most they'd do it move them forward an hour. If the bus's run, then there is no reason why one couldn't get to the exams. Most of mine are at 9am, so thats me in a bad boat.

Not being a spoil sport, but it is a tad annoying the childish snow fights especially directed at people not involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

I really dont care if you want to throw snowballs at each other but fcuk off and stop throwing them at everyone who walks past or stands in range. There was a large group of these assholes outside the library throwing snowballs at the ATM queue and random passers-by during lunch. Be aware that at some point you're going to hit the wrong person and they're gonna beat the **** out of you.

Though thats probably why you wont do it if someones looking straight at you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Lou45 wrote: »
    Both UCD and Trinity use the RDS at the same time in the Summer exams

Funderland uses Simmonscourt in Jan so thats out of use. It wont happen, dont worry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Walking around UCD in the snow is fine, but from all the people walking on it it's now very watery slush. Absolutely horrible to walk on :S

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

droidus wrote: »
    I really dont care if you want to throw snowballs at each other but fcuk off and stop throwing them at everyone who walks past or stands in range. There was a large group of these assholes outside the library throwing snowballs at the ATM queue and random passers-by during lunch. Be aware that at some point you're going to hit the wrong person and they're gonna beat the **** out of you.

Though thats probably why you wont do it if someones looking straight at you...

That'd be me, just give them the stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

whens the next big gathering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why do some girls still insist on wearing only tights when its snowing :confused:
    I know, went into college today wearing jeans, boots, 2 tops a jumper and a coat. Pass by a girl in Uggs, shorts and seethrough thin tights. I felt like slapping her.

On the subject of people throwing snowballs at randomers, about 30 or 40 people showed up outside Quinn yesterday just to pelt everyone coming out. Downside of being associated with the rich kids :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

They're under the ice, they got trapped :(

Advertisement