Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why do some girls still insist on wearing only tights when its snowing :confused:

That sounds like complaining to me. Library wetsers out in force these days despite the weather. I love UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I know, went into college today wearing jeans, boots, 2 tops a jumper and a coat. Pass by a girl in Uggs, shorts and seethrough thin tights. I felt like slapping her.

Ah now, don't be discouraging them. I may not understand their reasoning, but I don't fault it :)

That sounds like complaining to me. Library wetsers out in force these days despite the weather. I love UCD!

They're a dedicated breed of young woman it has to be said. They have they're convictions and they stick to it, godammit.

It's heartening to see that the sub zero temperatures haven't frozen their wetness.

Its an odd one all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I know, went into college today wearing jeans, boots, 2 tops a jumper and a coat. Pass by a girl in Uggs, shorts and seethrough thin tights. I felt like slapping her.

Duuuuurty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why do some girls still insist on wearing only tights when its snowing :confused:

When you wear jeans in snow/slush the water will drench the bottom. Nothing worse than wet jeans. Therefore us ladies where skirts so the water can't soak up through trousers.

Also tights dry really quickly!

Simples. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

possible the funniest day of college there today. jackie chan was hilarious.
    but,some lads took it a bit far..the cryer, the handy capt lad on the bike and the old lady.lads, tink who ye are aimin for like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Hmmmm, so college was canceled today due to health and safety hazards. Hmmmm if this gets any worse then the exams will be postponed (I'm guessing).

*PRAYS TO SNOW GOD*

wyrn wrote: »
    When you wear jeans in snow/slush the water will drench the bottom. Nothing worse than wet jeans. Therefore us ladies where skirts so the water can't soak up through trousers.

Also tights dry really quickly!

Simples. :D

It's the ones who forgo the skirt about whom I am talking, just a coat and tights. Borderline see-through tights at that.

What a lovely, odd, world we live in.

Hmmmm, so college was canceled today due to health and safety hazards. Hmmmm if this gets any worse then the exams will be postponed (I'm guessing).

*PRAYS TO SNOW GOD*

They don't start for a week and a half... things might have cleared up a little by then.

I hope they do go ahead, and would be very very surprised if they don't. I would hate to have to do them after christmas during what would be our holidays. That would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

munchie14 wrote: »
    but,some lads took it a bit far..the cryer, the handy capt lad on the bike and the old lady.

Bunch of idiots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

possible the funniest day of college there today. jackie chan was hilarious.
    but,some lads took it a bit far..the cryer, the handy capt lad on the bike and the old lady.lads, tink who ye are aimin for like

What a way to spell it! :D

agh don't need to spell for what i'm studying. enginearing:o

Surely you'd need to write out reports and the like.

Brilliant.

They cannot logistically postpone the exams. Trinity use the RDS after Christmas for exams. Theoretically yes if there was a massive snowfall around Dublin they would have to postpone but I doubt it would happen. They would lose a load of money doing it.

Well this is from last year:

http://m.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0111/1224262053658.html?via=rel

It could be possible if things remain like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, I don't know what they are going to do about the exams if the weather is like this. I mean, getting in for 9am will be hard enough, but imagine coming out of an exam at 8pm and finding out that all the buses have been cancelled for the night. While postponing the exams would be a logistical nightmare, realistically I don't see how they could go ahead with them under such circumstances either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

**** with snowballs today was just ridiculous. Nearly knocked some lad off a bike:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Conor108 wrote: »
    **** with snowballs today was just ridiculous. Nearly knocked some lad off a bike:mad:

unbelievable idiots, hitting everyone getting on/off the buses. sound lads, really sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I made the mistake of going to my locker via the library exit on Wednesday.

The last thing you want to hear walking is 'Ah lads,leave her alone' because you know someone won't.:mad:

Stared them out of it after I got hit but decided not to do anything else.Wouldn't have made a difference anyway.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

anyone remember the girl who slipped outside the library?? classic stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

anyone remember the girl who slipped outside the library?? classic stuff!!

Oh yes, so funny. Seeing someone hurt themseleves. Absolutely fecking hilarious.

/sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I was asked to "thank" the ones with the snowballs for not hitting me, as Iwas holding a cup of hot soup. Turned my back, and got pelted in the shoulder regardless. They threw a snowball into my bag too. Thank god I didn't bring my laptop. Also witnessed outside Glenomena, them hitting a girl who then slipped on the ice. She managed to get back up and they hit her really hard in the back again.

I would be the first one to throw a snow ball at one of my friends, 100% can say that with conviction. But absolute strangers is just a bit stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

kev9100 wrote: »
    Oh yes, so funny. Seeing someone hurt themseleves. Absolutely fecking hilarious.

/sarcasm.

It is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Di*@head

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The long range forecast says that it'll be getting warmer over the next week, so the exams will probably be OK at the start. Forecasts get less reliable the further ahead you look, of course, so you can take that with a pinch of snow.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

the snow returns, returns

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Yesterday I went to finally return my books to the library. I had a 82 euro fine! :pac:
    Didn't have to pay it tho, the guy at the desk jsut typed something, scanned my card and I was debt free like magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yesterday I went to finally return my books to the library. I had a 82 euro fine! :pac:
    Didn't have to pay it tho, the guy at the desk jsut typed something, scanned my card and I was debt free like magic!

Couldn't you have renewed them online? Or were they short loans?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Couldn't you have renewed them online? Or were they short loans?

Short loans, 1.50 per hour per book LOL!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Short loans, 1.50 per hour per book LOL!:pac:

They should use you in the advertising for Superfines next May :pac:

There is always a few people who don't know you can renew the books online so I thought you might have been one.

Advertisement