Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE SNOW RETURNS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

im not alone :rolleyes: ..ill be lucky if im aloud repeat it at all.ya need a F i think..c**ts after costing me 230 squid

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Dublin Bus don't usually update until 0630, after the first few early morning buses have tested the routes, so at 0600 ucd will not have any more info. Of course, they'll likely just update it at 0700 and time it 0600 as they did with an update today - timed 0912, but went up after 1400!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

A Saturday and Sunday perhaps after the whether have cleared.
    But if it's during the break, what about people who have made plans to go away or, more importantly, go home to visit their families? And even if it's after semester 2 starts, what about the people who were only in UCD for one semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

munchie14 wrote: »
    im not alone :rolleyes: ..ill be lucky if im aloud repeat it at all.ya need a F i think..c**ts after costing me 230 squid

Who are you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

hould them thoughts.shes away again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I wouldn't be surprised if invigilators were not too keen on taking to the roads tomorrow morning tbh. They face the same issues as we do when it comes getting to the RDS.

EDIT: Oh and its snowing here up the road from the RDS now again. Traffic is not moving southbound.

Also, FYI Dublin Bus are pulling the NiteBus tonight.
    2018 Dublin Bus will not operate its NiteLink service tonight.

It says it will be making every effort possible to operate a full bus service tomorrow morning but this will be dependent on weather and road conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

*refreshes campus updates instead of studying*

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease cancel them...I have no clue how I'm gonna get to the RDS tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If you can't get in and can get a garda report confirming it then the exam is as good as cancelled for you if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I've an exam at 9am tomorrow, will be fun trying to make it in on time.

The traffic was f*cking mental around the RDS and UCD this evening. Took me over an hour and a half to get from the Doonybrook end of Beaver Row to the Clonskeagh end, madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

misslt wrote: »
    *refreshes campus updates instead of studying*

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease cancel them...I have no clue how I'm gonna get to the RDS tomorrow.

Pretty much the same for me except I'm in Blackrock tomorrow

It also doesn't help that I'm getting sick, always seem to pick a good time for that to happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Its half-snowing outside where i live right now... Im hoping the snow just blizzards the **** out of Kildare and Dublin tomorrow so I have no chance in hell of going to my exam on Wed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

From SU Facebook page:

EXAM UPDATE - Monday 9pm
    If you have missed an exam or feel you may miss an exam because of weather conditions, please get in touch with our Welfare officer, Scott Ahearn welfare@ucdsu.ie or Education Officer, James Williamson education@ucdsu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

My sincerest sympathies to all who still have exams. Even the idea of people travelling in this weather for a mere exam is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Another facebook update:

EXAM UPDATE - Monday 9pm
    If you have missed an exam or feel you may miss an exam because of weather conditions, please get in touch with our Welfare officer, Scott Ahearn welfare@ucdsu.ie or Education Officer, James Williamson education@ucdsu.ie

If enough people email them they might do something about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The weather forecast painted a bleak picture right up until Christmas eve - snow showers are expected to affect the east coast right up until then.

Plenty of people could end up being stuck in Dublin.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Had an exam there from 6-8pm. But they delayed the start of it until 6.15pm to allow for the weather, and even still a considerable amount of people arrived late. An extra 5 minutes was attached onto the end, probably for this reason, and they got rid of the 10-minute rule at the end (you could leave whenever you put your hand up).

Walking down to the N11 was fine, apart from one guy very badly slipping but managed to save himself off a wall (he wasn't doing exams, just some pedestrian). According to the people waiting at the N11, no buses had come in the past 20 minutes, and I waited for 15 minutes and none came. Probably to do with the stand-still traffic on both sides of the N11 :). Ended up walking back to UCD (where I live) and the whole way back from the RDS, no in service buses passed. There was a good few Out of Service buses though, and a 63 that had evidently finished up (no-one on bus, no lights on in the cabin of the bus).

I feel so sorry for people who have 9am exams tomorrow. I'm not sure how they will be able to get in if the buses don't run normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Fell earlier, it hurts a lot now, s'gonna be so much worse in the morning >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

People are linking the to the UCD page on facebook and changing the description to say the exams have been postponed, be wary...

Paddy Ryan posted this on the UCD Students Union FB page . . .
    Due to the worsening weather conditions, it is my opinion that UCD Students' Union, in ensuring the safety of their members, ensure that the examinations scheduled for tomorrow are rearranged at a date after the exams. The safety of every member is of paramount importance, and any cost incurred for rescheduling would be but a drop in the ocean if any injuries are incurred, but thats just my opinion...

Has a fair point. I wonder what the opinions of the SU Officers are?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Had an exam there from 6-8pm. But they delayed the start of it until 6.15pm to allow for the weather, and even still a considerable amount of people arrived late. An extra 5 minutes was attached onto the end, probably for this reason, and they got rid of the 10-minute rule at the end (you could leave whenever you put your hand up).

Walking down to the N11 was fine, apart from one guy very badly slipping but managed to save himself off a wall (he wasn't doing exams, just some pedestrian). According to the people waiting at the N11, no buses had come in the past 20 minutes, and I waited for 15 minutes and none came. Probably to do with the stand-still traffic on both sides of the N11 :). Ended up walking back to UCD (where I live) and the whole way back from the RDS, no in service buses passed. There was a good few Out of Service buses though, and a 63 that had evidently finished up (no-one on bus, no lights on in the cabin of the bus).

I feel so sorry for people who have 9am exams tomorrow. I'm not sure how they will be able to get in if the buses don't run normally.

Yea I've an exam at 9 tomorrow and I'm coming in from Naas. Hoping 2 hours will be enough to get in on time. Heard that there was 2 and a half inches of snow in Booterstown about an hour ago. FML.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Heard that there was 2 and a half inches of snow in Booterstown about an hour ago.

Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Yea I've an exam at 9 tomorrow and I'm coming in from Naas. Hoping 2 hours will be enough to get in on time. Heard that there was 2 and a half inches of snow in Booterstown about an hour ago. FML.

Was just talking to my brother, he took 2 hours to drive from the RDS to Dundrum earlier, so I'd imagine you might wanna take a little longer than 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Scott Ahern just posted on the facebook page and said they will be going ahead.

It's absolutely ridiculous, a complete disgrace.

I don't want to risk my safety to get to the RDS because UCD are afraid of losing out on the money.

Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

<snip>

>4 inches in Blackrock anyway.....

I could find out how to resize it, but I wont >_>

All of the main roads and areas around the hall will be cleared and the SU shuttle bus will operate as usual.

That makes me LOL. The roads are terrible, and I am just down the road from the RDS.

Its still like its rush hour out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Yeah I'm not far from the RDS at all, and if I was travelling from outside of Dublin or something I dont know how I'd even consider it. I dont want my exam cancelled at all, but it might be the best decision overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Surely we elect the SU to look out for our best interests? To me it just looks like they're bending over for the registry.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

only1stevo wrote: »
    Was just talking to my brother, he took 2 hours to drive from the RDS to Dundrum earlier, so I'd imagine you might wanna take a little longer than 2 hours

Just looked out the window, at least 3 inches and it's coming down thick and fast now. Not a chance I'm going in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Surely we elect the SU to look out for our best interests? To me it just looks like they're bending over for the registry.

Do the SU ever really do anything though? Maybe if we're lucky they'll stage a pointless protest when it's too late for it to matter anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

They have no powers, there was nothing they could do.

Advertisement