Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tefl or tesol in china

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Are you finding your feet Okay, I am in Shanghai the past few weeks heading to Guilin/Yangshou for a few days, then back to Shanghai again until the end of the month.. So I will
    Need to find somewhere to watch the All Ireland football final..lol
    So hope your enjoying China Life,

I love Guilin :) Yangshou is cool too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I love Guilin :) Yangshou is cool too!!

It's been years since I was there, but many fond memories of the place. Is there still a place there called 'Hotel California', managed by an American called Dave? Quite an intense chap, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Are you finding your feet Okay, I am in Shanghai the past few weeks heading to Guilin/Yangshou for a few days, then back to Shanghai again until the end of the month.. So I will
    Need to find somewhere to watch the All Ireland football final..lol
    So hope your enjoying China Life,

Well due to a bit of a miscommunication with documents, I am still in Irleand. I'm awaiting my letter of invitation at the moment, so fingers crossed I'll get out there for the end of this month. I have finally found out where I will be located, though. I will be in the absolute sticks -good thing my primary motivation is to save money!

Well due to a bit of a miscommunication with documents, I am still in Irleand. I'm awaiting my letter of invitation at the moment, so fingers crossed I'll get out there for the end of this month. I have finally found out where I will be located, though. I will be in the absolute sticks -good thing my primary motivation is to save money!

Where are you going to be located? :)

Where are you going to be located? :)

Nanjing would be the nearest city to me, but according to Google maps, it's a solid hour+ bus ride away from where I'll be living.

• Advertisement

Nanjing would be the nearest city to me, but according to Google maps, it's a solid hour+ bus ride away from where I'll be living.

Nanjing is a nice city, and an hour away is basically next door in China terms :pac: I lived in 'the sticks' for a year, and I absolutely loved it. I guarantee you will be like celebrity in the town your staying. Plus it's mega cheap outside the cities, you will struggle to spend all your salary.

Have you been to China before?

Nanjing is a nice city, and an hour away is basically next door in China terms :pac: I lived in 'the sticks' for a year, and I absolutely loved it. I guarantee you will be like celebrity in the town your staying. Plus it's mega cheap outside the cities, you will struggle to spend all your salary.

Have you been to China before?

I have been to Hong Kong a few times and Taiwan, but I never managed to make it to the mainland-until now that is!

Advertisement