Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

and miles to go before I sleep...

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Sat 12/4 5.86 miles 1:01.59

Took a break from running during the week, although I was feeling reasonably ok by Tuesday, and I did my circuit training class on Tues and Thurs without any real difficulty. So I'm a bit surprised to find myself tired and stiff after today's run. I had no real distance in mind, just wherever my legs took me. There were some flashbacks to Connemara when it started lashing rain and the wind was against me!

Tue 15/4 3.24 miles 29:07
    av. pace 9:05

What a difference the sunshine makes. The park was busier than I've ever seen it, all the parking spaces were gone so I had to wait for one to free up. Maybe I should have run this more slowly but I just felt like going at that pace, partly because I was feeling good and partly because I was running late, not that a couple of minutes made much difference. I like this time of year, when I can wear light running clothes but the air is still a little bit cool.

Thurs 17/4 3.72 miles 39:06 av. pace 10:42
    Sat 19/4 7.1 miles 1:12:09 av. pace 10:10

I managed to get myself out of bed early enough on Thursday to fit a run in. I had a work lunch to go to and a class in the evening so I'd never have fitted it in otherwise. On Saturday, I was over in the West and although it wasn't sunny, it was a pleasantly mild Spring morning so I headed off with the intention of fitting in 5-6 miles. A new trail is being developed there along a route through the bog and the forestry so I followed the arrows as far as they went. I haven't been along that road since I was a child brought unwillingly to help with saving turf. It was amazingly peaceful along the route and I kept going until the arrows ran out and I came to a fork in the road. Turning back seemed the sensible option, although the road ahead was tempting, because I didn't know how far the trail went before it would loop back to the house. I'm hopefully going to walk it soon with my Dad so I'll get an idea then of the distance involved. It's lovely to get to run somewhere new.

Wed 23/4 3.3 miles 31:00

Such a lovely day out but as I headed to the park, I was feeling more like lying down and having a snooze than running. I think my body has been fighting off a cold for the past few days so hopefully it's just that, and the cold isn't going to develop any further.

24/4 ~3 miles 31:02
    25/4 3.1 miles 29:56 av pace 9:40
    26/4 8 miles 1:24:15 av pace 10:42

Thankfully I was feeling better on Wednesday so my run didn't feel like such an effort. I had a day off on Friday and I was in the West so I went for a short lunchtime run, which unfortunately took me past a large field where slurry spreading was in progress so it wasn't as pleasant as usual! Saturday's run was the same route as last week but I went a little further this time. I really enjoyed it, running along quiet roads with birds singing and spring in the air (slurry aside!) and just the occasional farmer passing and giving a wave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement