Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence application question

Options
  • 26-11-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Two questions about a new licence for my Tikka T3 .223 lads.
    1. How many rounds should I say I wish to have at any one time? I suppose 100 rounds is the most I would ever see myself having but buying them in bulk is cheaper so I dunno.
    2. Do I really need to 'explain on a seperate sheet' why I want this gun. I already ticked the 'hunting' box.

Thanks Folks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1. How many rounds should I say I wish to have at any one time? I suppose 100 rounds is the most I would ever see myself having but buying them in bulk is cheaper so I dunno.

The best way i advise those that do mostly hunting (occassional target) shooting is to take the amount of rounds you use/need between visits to the dealers, double it (in case its a lean month/cannot make it) then write down that amount. If its 99% hunting i would go for about 250 -300. Nevermind what you buy its about the amount of ammo you have in your possession ie. at home, car, etc. So make sure you have enough to cover all your ammo needs.
    2. Do I really need to 'explain on a seperate sheet' why I want this gun. I already ticked the 'hunting' box.

Yes. Do not make a novel out of it. It requires a line or two at most. Try something along the lines of:

" Reason for wanting this firearm: For the purpose of vermin control on lands i have permission to shoot."

Whatever you use keep it short, sweet and to the point. Do not talk the back legs of them or give them a novel just to find out its the reason above.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Thanks a million. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

Advertisement