Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conjuring etc

Options
  • 26-11-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

crowley knew how to make money by writing books about stuff people would want to buy. who could resist reading books by a self proclaimed meeter of the divil? he was a clever marketeer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Well, tbh, I've been trying to find more ever since I read 'The Black Pullet'. The whole field looks interesting.

..It's all bollocks, as far as I'm concerned, but fascinating stuff. I don't believe in higher magic, though lesser magic has it's intriguing points. It's basically manipulative, hardcore psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Obaraten wrote: »
    I'm intrigued,care to expand your thoughts?

Which part? The one about higher or lesser magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement

I was going to recommend Wikipedia, but it only references LaVeyan Satanism's theories. To be fair, that's where I first came across it, but it's an idea that pervades a lot of magical traditions. At its core it's using confidence to get your way. Or, to put it another way, extreme wishful thinking. If you want it badloy enough, and know your own self well, it's basically you ftw.

The only source I can remember right now is Anton LaVey's 'Satanic Bible'. Some good philosophy in there, even if most of it is stolen from Nietzche. That or wander Google. I'm pretty sure that's how I found most of my information.

And for clarity, the concept has other names. I just can't remember them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Obaraten wrote: »
    Whats your opinions on grimoires,keys of solomon,magick,conjuring spirits,the works by Alistair Crowley etc,possible or psycho babble?

Fairy Tales for adults who refuse to grow up.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Urizen wrote: »
    Well, tbh, I've been trying to find more ever since I read 'The Black Pullet'. The whole field looks interesting.

..It's all bollocks, as far as I'm concerned, but fascinating stuff. I don't believe in higher magic, though lesser magic has it's intriguing points. It's basically manipulative, hardcore psychology.

Is it a good book or is one of those ones that are hard to get in to

The Black Pullet? It's available free online in PDF format anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If memory serves me correct, Crowley himself tried to conjure a demon however he had a nasty experience or something didnt go to plan and he didnt try do it again. He did claim to conjure other mad yokes tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Derren Brown talks about conjuring in his book 'Tricks of the Mind', its a very interesting read. From his perspective, conjuring is just being able to manipulate a persons thought or perception of something they're seeing or remembering. Basically its a very in-depth understanding of psychology.

Advertisement