Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some devices not connecting to wifi

Options
  • 26-11-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Belkin wifi router that works well with the laptop and a couple of mobile phones but i recnetly tried to connect a psp, x box and an iphone without success. They all see the network fine and ask for the network key but will not connect to the network-iphone showed 'unable to connect' can't just remember what other error messaged were. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What security are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Not too sure - on lapttop it says 'WPA2-PSK'.....is that what you mean? (sorry-just connected laptop&phones easily enough nd never really questioned security types etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

It sounds like you'll need to try changing the security type on the wireless router until you find one that works for everything. Sometimes devices just don't all get on together. Maybe start off with WPA & then try WPA2 (AES & TKIP) until you have everything working. Let us know how you get on.

There's some wireless security bedtime reading here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ok thanks for that-might be a while before i get at it .....Santy is bringing the xbox and have to be careful about using it

Advertisement