Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI cost cutting

• 26-11-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

looked through the first two pages and couldnt see any thread to do with the FAI's new cost cutting measures. im shocked there is no thread being honest, as these measures will be detrimental to the future of irish football.

12 regional development officer's (RDO'S) have lost their jobs in these cost cuts and 4 of the underage girls coaches.

its a disgrace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

You would think after running a free train for fans from Bratislava to Zilinia they were made of money :rolleyes:

I hear Ireland fan favourite John Delaney is taking a 5% cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The country is bankrupt, what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

yeah, 5%, going from 400,000 euro a year to a measly 380,000euro a year.

The country is bankrupt, what do you expect?
    not to be paying 400,000 to the head man or for gio's wage to still be at the ludacris level it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

flas wrote: »
    not to be paying 400,000 to the head man or for gio's wage to still be at the ludacris level it is.

If you want a decent manager, thats what its gonna cost

If your not willing to pay that amount, well your going to get stuck with a Steve Staunton or a Brian Kerr. What would you prefer?

The FAI were slated before they appointed Trap for going for the cheap option on previous occasions, and not an experienced manager. We cant have it both ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rubbish, you can't blame Trap at all. You want a good manager, you pay top price.

Anyway Denis O'Brien is paying half his wages.

Rubbish, you can't blame Trap at all. You want a good manager, you pay top price.

Anyway Denis O'Brien is paying half his wages.

for the price we are paying we could have got one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who? Who else is going to take the job? We're not exactly the most attractive propisition in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/

Thats a link to the LMA. Near the bottom of the page they list all managers who are currently available. I dont think there is anyone there who would be both interested and better qualified to take over

Unless you had Guardiola or Mourinho in mind? Im sure they'd jump at the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,146 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

those guys are all out of work - I'd say most of them would be interested. Sure none of them have a better career record than Trap, but there's some decent managers in there ... and John Barnes. :pac:

• Advertisement

i shouldnt have even mentioned trap, think the fact he is not getting his wages this cut in this rounds of big cuts and 12 full time coaches who go around to schools and clubs teaching kids and getting them interested in the game are losing their jobs irks me a bit. cant believe im the only one who thinks this stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

tommyhaas wrote: »

If your not willing to pay that amount, well your going to get stuck with a Steve Staunton or a Brian Kerr. What would you prefer?

I'd like Kerr back. Sad to see him go tbh I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

yeah, 5%, going from 400,000 euro a year to a measly 380,000euro a year.

I heard he's taking a 20% pay cut.

I heard he's taking a 20% pay cut.

you could be right, from what i read it was a 5% pay cut which equalled 20,000 euro!

and note on brian kerr, he has a better record as irish senior manager, and he didnt cost a bomb. some people here have hinted at that for a good manager we need to spend shed loads of money, we had a good one but got rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

looked through the first two pages and couldnt see any thread to do with the FAI's new cost cutting measures. im shocked there is no thread being honest, as these measures will be detrimental to the future of irish football.

12 regional development officer's (RDO'S) have lost their jobs in these cost cuts and 4 of the underage girls coaches.

its a disgrace.

When is this all suppose to happen? Any links?

Dempsey wrote: »
    When is this all suppose to happen? Any links?

it has happened, it has been in the news and in papers for the last two days. in the newspaper articles it just says staff but i played with one of the rdo's losing his job and 12 of them were given their notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

it has happened, it has been in the news and in papers for the last two days. in the newspaper articles it just says staff but i played with one of the rdo's losing his job and 12 of them were given their notice.

Friend of mine is an RDO, hope it isnt him thats getting cut because I know how much of his own time, effort, enthusiasm and money to have the CV he had to get him his job ahead of more experienced heads in the first place. AFAIK he paid out of his own pocket to do a youth development course over with Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

its a disgrace.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

i shouldnt have even mentioned trap, think the fact he is not getting his wages this cut in this rounds of big cuts and 12 full time coaches who go around to schools and clubs teaching kids and getting them interested in the game are losing their jobs irks me a bit. cant believe im the only one who thinks this stinks.

Didn't he recently take a big cut for the Euro campaign and this is why he wasn't asked to take another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Personally I believe that there were too many RDO's, technical development officers, ordinary development officers and childrens officers in general. Of course it would be great if every kid had the chance to be coached by a top coach however this just cant be the case in Ireland unless we pay high wages for foreign coaches.

It is awful that people are losing jobs however they were paid well for a job that, in my opinion, does not have a huge amount of consequences. I am saying that because everyone who wants to plays soccer in this country can. There are a huge amount of schoolboy and senior teams all over the country and no one is excluded from playing the sport. There are facilities available to the majority of clubs, and if there are not then it goes beyond RDO's as it is probably a financial, logisitical or political problem.

It must also be said that there is a huge amount of competition between sports in Ireland, especially at underage level. Because of this kids who play football for the first time at 7/8 years of age need to enjoy the sport and be taught how to play the sport properly. And this is not the job of RDO's or any other job title. That work is done by volunteers at different clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Advertisement