Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax in Leixlip

Options
  • 26-11-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just wondering can anyone give me any info on wimax in leixlip, Im with eircom but my bills have rocketed, jsut wondering is wimax a reliable fast connection, considerably cheaper but would like to know before i switch.

Or any other broadband providers for that matter, vodafone etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Upc could work there not sure but had it in maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i thought wimax had some sort of setup in intel??

remember reading something about it a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Upc could work there not sure but had it in maynooth

No Upc in my part of leixlip, rang them alright, very annoying when other estates in the town have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

What part you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TonskuDaigle

Yea, they said that I can't get UPC either. Rang them 3 times and I started to get really annoyed as my neighbors had it and yet they said at the customer support that I can't get it. So I rang once again and what do you know... I am actually able to get it. So I got it and couldn't be happier.
    But of course, if you know too that you can't get it, then you probably can't :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

My ma has Wimax and my little bro uses it all the time for online gaming and he reckons it lags and freezes a lot. I have UPC 15mb and its perfect. Had a bit of trouble with it at the start something to do with settings on the router that took a few phone calls to sort out but its great now, check it on speed test and regularly getting speed of 13-15 megs!

Both of us live in Leixlip btw.

Advertisement