Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage bicycles

• 26-11-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I have two unusual bicycles that are in good condition but im curious as to what they are worth. Are there any collectors of old or rare bikes?
    One is a ladies Raleigh Transit three speed from the early 70's. The second is a mens Flying Pidgen P02, a traditional communist Chinese bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

'Today, the PA-02 fetches about 240 yuan, the equivalent of $36 USD. The Tianjin factory produces about 800,000 bikes yearly'- wiki

rare:confused:

Hopefully the Raleigh is valuable, I've no idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Those bikes are only worth something to the right person, and how much depends on that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

'Today, the PA-02 fetches about 240 yuan, the equivalent of $36 USD. The Tianjin factory produces about 800,000 bikes yearly'- wiki

Its not rare in Beijing but its rare in this part of the world. Its so old fashioned its almost fashionable plus its got history with it. Ill hang on to it for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Make that just under 240 euro in Spain (plus 90 for shipping to Ireland).
    Those bikes are only worth something to the right person, and how much depends on that person.

True. The quality isn't nearly as good as the Raleigh Roadster they are said to be modeled on, but in the right hands and with a bit of patience they can be made roadworthy and safe.

How about posting some pictures up OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Could you post up pic's of the flying pigeon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Heres a pic, not the best but i was a hurry back indoors!

Advertisement