Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNNOOOOW!

Options
  • 26-11-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Fake christmas. Yay!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

what the balls, this snow sure is early... hope its not a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Seaneh wrote: »
    what the balls, this snow sure is early... hope its not a sign of things to come.

Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Aw it stopped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's stopped now. Boo :(

And it hardly stuck at all.

Auspicious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I was hoping to bring the kids to the Christmas Village tomorrow with snow on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ugh snow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I just drove in snow for the first time ever.

I'm such a rubbish Canadian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Snow stuck all day here, blizzard conditions. For once the horrible cloud that hangs over this town has paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's beginning to snow again. The flakes, silver and dark, are falling obliquely against the lamplight. It's probably snowing all over the island. On the central plain, on the treeless hills...falling softly upon the graveyards...upon the crosses and the headstones. Upon all the living, and the dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Im typing this from my wood cabin in Castlebar, 8 feet of snow have buried me in a snowy grave no doubt. Please someone help me!! :eek:

• Advertisement

You should see Tuam right now. It's glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You should see Tuam right now. It's glorious.
    Because you can't see it, you mean? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Start taking some pics! I want proof

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Tuam this morning

148184_10150333942670307_737165306_15649966_7051834_n.jpg

154939_10150333942155307_737165306_15649956_1001911_n.jpg

Snowing again in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fairly heavily too. Be careful on high street, the car got a biteen out of control on my Dad.

Nearly shít myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

hi all
    pouring down snow in tuam at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Snow stuck a bit there earlier. Anyone know if we're to expect any more?

folks, anyone out driving today be careful, its lethal out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Will all the schools be open in the morning? Our road is lethal, was out walking our dog and it's dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd say listen to the radio or ring your school in the morning: they proved last winter that trying to make a central decision is silly, local people need to decide whether it's safe to open or not, based on the situation in their area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Out of interest has anyone seen a gritting truck ?. The road from Barna to Spiddal is covered in black ice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yeah i've seen a good few over the past week, within the bounds of civilized habitation (city limits)

Co. Galway is that way -->

We have minimum a whole week of this ahead. Lots of fun on the roads tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There was an accident Sat midday in Barna. The road was so slippery that a Guard fell over. They told me that they would get the road gritted. That evening the road was OK so presumably they had gritted it.

This morning it was just as bad & there was nearly an accident at the same spot. It is a high volume route & should be gritted every day in this weather. I worry that last year set a precedence in that the Council feel that they have no obligation to Grit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

God I'm dreading the commute in tomorrow. Hope I can negotiate the bottom of the Rahoon Road.

Advertisement