Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

All over here now in Mayo, Clear skys. ready for the big thaw now tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing lightly here.

snaps wrote: »
    All over here now in Mayo, Clear skys. ready for the big thaw now tommorrow.
    Dont be so pessimistic :P
    Top tempertures tomorrow are very low ,you may be suprised.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Think I heard some thunder just now... wind has definitely picked up a bit too. Next Celtic Tiger I'm buying a house in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

It looks like Bray is in for something special in the next hour or 2 http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Pangea wrote: »
    Snowing lightly here.
    same here pangea. only had one 5min shower earlier.

You will see some more tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

The view up Meath Road in Bray

5209890545_00c9e59e98_z_d.jpg

View of our cars across the street

5210503194_e056d25b19_z_d.jpg

Its Graupel
    Its pretty much stopped
    Its not as much as last January IMHO. That was about 2 inches of proper fluffy stuff.
    However it looks like this is just the starters. Main Course coming over later as someone else said.
    I'll be down to Castle Street tomorrow to get those snow socks for the car someone posted about earlier. Didn't bother when I was expecting to be disappointed with rain. Might need them if we get a good fall tonight tomorrow and Sunday, never mind the possibility of snowmageddon on Tues/Wed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

how the winds turned!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    that band of snow is rapidly veering WSW from its present SW path.

It will push inland over the next few hrs and make its way to South Dublin, Kildare, Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford around dawn

All of Leinster is at risk of seeing snow between now and lunchtime. I would not rule out Cork seeing some snow/sleet, most likely early tomorrow afternoon.

You have made my night . . .

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Think I heard some thunder just now... wind has definitely picked up a bit too. Next Celtic Tiger I'm buying a house in Wicklow.

im in north dublin and i'm hearing it too, very subtle in the distance out at sea i'd say but it's getting closer with every rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Having just finished the toy show party im just tuning into this.
    No snow here yet, allthough looking at raintoday it dosnt look to far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cdev

Sky is clouding over nicely here in Kilternan. Some serious flashes of lightning out towards the coast..... And so the lamp post watching begins :p

nobody go to sleep. get another drink. how often does this happen of a friday night my east coast friends??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

looks like the graupel thats just fallen here will set a nice base for the real stuff to land on when it comes and make sure it sticks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Only had one good shower here in the past 6 hours and it was only of that graupel type stuff, typical that once the conditions are right for it to stick the showers stop.

It looks like that band currently over Scotland is headed right for us though which looks promising, still a few hours off but if it hits us right then we could get some sustained snow for a while

wots the best drink for snow watching?

inabina wrote: »
    nobody go to sleep. get another drink. how often does this happen of a friday night my east coast friends??

If last winter was anything to go by, then a lot of times i'd say!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dry. Calm. Clear night here in Donegal town. Think it's about -2. Is that big clump of cloud over Scotland heading this way or down the Irish sea to the east coast ????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Brayonians, is the situation at the coast worth driving down from Maynooth? I don't believe I'll witness here what's going on there and I'm very tempted to make a short round trip.

At the moment, No. Some Bray posters are a little over enthusiastic with their descriptions. Its a dusting really and its stopped. Ask me again when the heaviest precip on that chart is over us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Light snow falling here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

just wondering where the thunder was coming from in north dublin, the sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

just wondering where the thunder was coming from in north dublin, the sea

The sky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

A snowball I would say. With a flake in it and some ice.

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]prectypeuktopo.png[/URL]

A beautiful sight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Hot wine or hot beer with spices. Had hot wine earlier during toy show, still feel it's warm glow now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Almost an inch lying
    Still snowing but lighter.

got to see blue lightning as well. :)

Some pics of my yard

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

offaly to see any by an chance? can i get a quick answer or eta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Calibos wrote: »
    At the moment, No. Some Bray posters are a little over enthusiastic with their descriptions. Its a dusting really and its stopped. Ask me again when the heaviest precip on that chart is over us :D

Thanks for that, I'm heading to bed then, my estimate for the band of precip currently over Scotland is to hit the greater Dublin area around 11am. Not expecting to wake up to a whiteout in Maynooth, a light white cover is the best I hope for.
    Good Night!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cdev

Amen to that.... I've had my "last beer of the night" 3 times already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Mothman wrote: »
    Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
    Please login below or register an account with Irish Weather Network.
    ;)

• Advertisement

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]ukmintemp.png[/URL]

Sunday morning looks cold!!! :eek::eek: -8 very near me!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement