Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I'm in crumlin- plenty of thunder, no lightning:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

:confused:When Is It Goin To Snow In Kilkenny??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Thunder literally shook the house here in Rathmines, still no good stuff though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That radar snap seems to show the white dot due east of here, probably the heart of the lightening activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

bassy wrote: »
    :confused:When Is It Goin To Snow In Kilkenny??:confused:

exactly!
    Up Ballycallan:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danielpaul

just home from work im 8 miles outside killarney my home is very high up no snow in killarney but when i got 5 miles out of town the place was white nutting major but still nice to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Jaysus, that flash was so bright it lit up my closed trying-to-sleep eyes and made me come back to this thread to check the world wasn't ending.

Hey Trogdor and Black Briar, I am in Bray.. I've been reading your posts for a while. Just wondering how you think my area will do over the next 24/48 hours... is this the beginning? does it bode well for the next few days?? Just curious... thanks
    The outlook for the next 10 days maybe longer suggests more of this Ryan.
    Bands of snow showers on a hit and miss basis.
    you could have it and 10 miles down the road none.
    Then it could be their turn etc.
    There are some good posters in this forum all watching the weather models and interpreting them as best we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Where in South Dublin are you guys? its white here in Dun Laoighre and just started snowing again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Few flashes of lightening here in D15 no thunder as yet...bring it on please! Not a flake of snow either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think what might happen.

This band will slowly push SE.

Then that band over Scotland will push Southeast into the Irish sea and re-intensify and impact the Irish east coast during the period from 6-12.

Do you mean south west?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

copacetic wrote: »
    massive flash of lightnining and crashing thunder again now, according to radar it's been snowing here for hours but still no sign!

Yeah same here in Stillorgan. Maybe the radar map is a bit inaccurate. Though I'm hearing plenty of lightning.
    Want to see snow for my 2nd time today! First west coast, now east. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I fanyone is interested i found this a while back,
    N11 at Killmacanogue webcam

http://michaelr.camstreams.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Anyone got snow in North Dublin yet?
    The clouds just moved over and the occasional blue flash.

Have had light fluffy cloud here for a few hours but now getting darker and lower - big flash of lightening and a long wait for the thunder - 10 seconds plus

-2 degrees and dry as a bone atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I think Dun Laoghaire down as far as Bray needs to brace itself. Looks quite intense on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah god damn it! That snow will just about miss West Dublin :(

Proper blizzard now here total whiteout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

That radar snap seems to show the white dot due east of here, probably the heart of the lightening activity.
    saw&heard nothing :mad:
    *giving out to myself *

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Getting bored now in wexford town showers seem to be dissapating before they reach here, Don't think i can last much longer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Moderate flash but massive rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thunder and lightning still ongoing here:D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=136684&stc=1&d=1290824815
    A few more pics here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69241924&postcount=8

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Hi guys,

Must say that this thread makes for some great reading! I was just wondering about what ye think are the chances that Waterford city will get a good dusting? If ye think it will, when do ye think it'll begin?

On a side note, my girlfriend sent me this picture today. We live just 5 mins away from Snowdon in western Wales. It's been snowing like mad over there all day!

Some flash i tell ya.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

WOW, multiple flashes in the sky here... no thunder but mad to see the sky light up like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Huge flash in blanch just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

In Leixlip, noticed the blue flashes from about half ten tonight, My mam thought I was insane in the brain. Sitting in my cousin's room now and the flashes!? my goodness. No thunder or snow :(

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ah this is unreal - big feckin fork lightning on the horizon, don't think I've ever seen like this in Ireland before.

Good few flashes, the heart of this thing is tearing into Howth i think, some heavy hail and snow i'd imagine.

Very close to here.

dsc07203u.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

delw wrote: »
    [/B]
    is it the dodgem cars :D or are things realy that bad?

Haha no, really that bad! There was one left at the bottom of seapoint road near the harbour bar anyway, couldn't get up the hill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement