Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThatGuy1

Alot of flashes happening now, and a few big ones aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I'm near Howth. The sky is ablaze every few seconds and the house is shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Why cant this weather happen when im still sober ??? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is epic and i dont even have snow, the folk in Howth and into DunLaoire better prepare!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

wind seems to be getting up here. I can hear it whistling

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The very cold air over warm sea is creating instability not uncommon in the Irish Sea however temperatures are unusally cold - and is it is aimed at our coast.

BTW for North Dub - it's coming in the next half hour to an hour. Showers developing behind have a direct line to me and Weathercheck.

That CB must be huge!

darkman2 wrote: »
    The very cold air over warm sea is creating instability not uncommon in the Irish Sea however temperatures are unusally cold - and is it is aimed at our coast.

This reminds me of October 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Its already about 2/3 inches here in Dun Laoighre :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Watching from a height 3rd floor along the banks of the liffey (Grand Canal End ) clear sky above me but can see the edge of this system so near yet so far !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Yep, tis just a tad colder this time with the snow extending to the coasts to go with the lightning display:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Extremely and i mean extremely light snow falling in wexford town now, the odd tiny dot of snow every ten seconds or so but hey at least its starting :P

temps on the rise now here in the west. has been 0 and under since around 4pm, now rising above 0c. Was -2c about an hour ago, Now 0.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

trogdor wrote: »
    Yep, tis just a tad colder this time with the snow extending to the coasts to go with the lightning display:D

That was the best lightening display ever. I was with German students in Johnnies Fox's and there was about 15-20 centimetres of snow that day. Tey had never seen anything like it in October never mind November. It even snowed in Blanchardstown but thawed quickly.

Freezing here now but still no snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

baraca wrote: »
    Extremely and i mean extremely light snow falling in wexford town now, the odd tiny dot of snow every ten seconds or so but hey at least its starting :P

Really? I'm about 4 miles up the N11 and nothing here yet, soooooo bloody close :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Has been brilliant white flashes of lightning since 10.30pm or so here in Clondalkin,there getting more regular now too and I heard a small rumbling of thunder a few mins ago,no sign of any snow yet though.

MASSIVE flash followed by very loud thunder here just now! Heavy graupel now also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

cbs could be heading straight for us - serious convection out there.

Has everyone in the West gone to sleep? Dont you all know not only is there snow around but the cricket is on also! 2 good reasons to be staying up!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Major clap of thunder and lots of flashes of lightening but still no snow in Dublin 15. Cloudy however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

snaps wrote: »
    Has everyone in the West gone to sleep? Dont you all know not only is there snow around but the cricket is on also! 2 good reasons to be staying up!

And Bloody work ...AND driving home on frozen snow at 7am. You guys - keep enjoying yourelves mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Any chance of snow in south Kildare in castledermot near balltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

tu2j2 wrote: »
    Really? I'm about 4 miles up the N11 and nothing here yet, soooooo bloody close :P

When i say light i mean barely able to see it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a few loud rumbles here now even tho it's totally clear overhead, can see the sky deep orange to the south over Dublin so plenty of clouds there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

BTW for North Dub - it's coming in the next half hour to an hour. Showers developing behind have a direct line to me and Weathercheck.

I see nothing for North or West Dublin, unless there's a significant wind change/or Met Eireann radar not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i remember it well :D

cbs could be heading straight for us - serious convection out there.
    Im looking at one cell developing at the very top of this band, trajectory slightly more W of south than the current line.

Meanwhile intermittent flashes and one now extremely close by, light up the sky.

Very dramatic.

Lightning seems to be getting a lot more frequent just North of here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

in the sitting room and my front door just shook/rattled :eek:
    Ah here it comes again .... hate thunder there better be some decent amount of snow after this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Nice CB heading towards dublin. I hope.:p

136686.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement