Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Still no snow here in south east Dublin :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Yes, very dramatic. It was to be expected but still spectacular when seen like I can see it now. Thundersnow or graupel - that's the question. Usually thunder = hail in these situations but we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Continuous thunder and lightening here in Newcastle Co. Wicklow, snow has eased off a bit, roughly 1-2cm of snow settled on the cars here

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Plenty of lightning in D8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Interesting mix of fast falling hail and drifting snow falling in Dublin 18 right now. Lots lightening, but too much cloud cover to see it properly.

It's such a toss up, I want to see the lightening, but the cloud cover is providing the snow...

• Advertisement

Definate thunderstorm cell headed here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Castledermot any snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I see some fresh stuff bubbling up in the Irish Sea beside Holyhead ..but that main band over Scot / North England is breaking up .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Was v loud and bright in clontarf 10mins ago. No snow here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

snaps wrote: »
    Has everyone in the West gone to sleep? Dont you all know not only is there snow around but the cricket is on also! 2 good reasons to be staying up!

Was thinkin the same myself, not about the cricket tho:P, am watching for some more snow developing in ulster comming my way:D, am kinda nocturnal! Have about an inch here and -1 C

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Finally, some flakes in D18, very light and sparse so far though, can only see them within a few feet of streetlights

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Bray is absolutely snowed in, cars being abandoned, hardly got out of it myself. 20mph down the M50 from Bray to Dundrum, not a tap of snow after that.

Loads of thunder and lightning. Have some pics will upload tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Getting very cloudy here in Waterford :D Hopefully a nice sprinkling of snow to follow though.

You can keep your thunder and lightning - horrible stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi Everyone,

Well, after over a weeks absence old wild handlin is back!!

Currently snowing lightly here nr. Enniskillen, was pretty heavy snow from around 20.00 - 21.00 which left about 3cms on the ground.

Looking at the radar we are in line for more showers; infact that system which was over Scotland/N England is heading towards us!!:D

I'll try and keep you all updated with the weather conditions over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

darkman2 wrote: »
    does that inclued here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

copacetic wrote: »
    Finally, some flakes in D18, very light and sparse so far though, can only see them within a few feet of streetlights

Mate I dunno which part of D18 you're in, but in Cabinteely its been snowing for at least 2 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

snowing heavy in enniscorthy now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

darkman2 wrote: »

Hope it comes laden with snow for you.

delw wrote: »
    does that inclued here :D

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wow blinding flash of lightning there big roar, close by.

Real streamer into Bray/ DunLaoghaire such representations on the radar would suggest really intense falls of hail and snow.

Expect some decent accums near 6 inches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Crazy increase in the wind here, its been dead calm all night and literally in the space of a few minutes its gotten to gale force. Thought it was thunder when I heard the first gust but looked out and its as if we're in the middle of a storm

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

errlloyd wrote: »
    Mate I dunno which part of D18 you're in, but in Cabinteely its been snowing for at least 2 hours...

sandyford, still very light here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Real streamer into Bray/ DunLaoghaire such representations on the radar would suggest really intense falls of hail and snow.

Certainly here it hasn't been nearly as heavy as it looks on the radar actually, but it has been constant light-moderate i'd say most of the time. Probably heaviest so far right now, proper powdery snow.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Looking out my attic window into the sky and the clouds are just that bit too far south!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭alentejo

In all my 38 years of existence, i have never seen frost as well as thunder and lighting.cool

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Still nothing here in Blanch/Castleknock. Part of the sky very dark overhead but has been like that for past couple of hours. Maybe tomorrow if wind goes more easterly. Raining in parts of Kerry and sout-west England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm in Sligo atm - doesn't seem to be much happening.

Is there a chance of us getting thunder/lightning? I really, really had thunder/lightning >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭thomasj

Another massive flash in blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I have never heard thunder so loud in my life sounds like bombs going off and the windows are proper rattling I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird, thunder and lightning in Dublin 16 but no precipitation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement