Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hotaru wrote: »
    I'm in Sligo atm - doesn't seem to be much happening.

Is there a chance of us getting thunder/lightning? I really, really had thunder/lightning >_<

Should be snowing in Sligo within the next hour, regarding thunder/lightning I'd be surprised if Sligo got any imo, showers are loosing intensity as the travel accross Ulster before reaching Sligo, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Same in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

is there any significant of thunder and lightning with snow. Is the air/sea air temperatures thats its snow not rain.

Is it unusual to have thunder and lightning with snow.

I dont really associate the two of them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anybody have latest NW 5min chart to hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Graupel gave way to some heavy flakey stuff again but has stopped again.

Almighty flash followed by the longest crackleyest thunder about 2:50.

Downsides??

All the effing Friday night revellers are having loud snowball fights and messing right outside the house at 3:00am

STFU ye feckin gobsh!tes!! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, almost forgot

5210122545_b64c3ceaee_z_d.jpg

5210124653_b776ace7a6_z_d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

still hammering down in dalkey - a good 5cm of graupel now...2 inches in the mildest part of county dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Weird, thunder and lightning in Dublin 16 but no precipitation.

The forecast does say that there will be snow showers in all parts of Dublin, tonight tomorrow, Sunday and next week.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Serious booming thunder out there now, amazing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

off to bed now, dont think theres' gonna be any snow here for quite some time or even day's hopefully better luck 2moro or next week.

fork lightning just to my east, loud thunderous roars very soon after, etremely close just off the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    is there any significant of thunder and lightning with snow. Is the air/sea air temperatures thats its snow not rain.

Is it unusual to have thunder and lightning with snow.

I dont really associate the two of them together.

Thunder and lightning can be associated with snowstorms but they are rare and occur more often near the coast.
    For a more detailed answer, see The New York Times Learning Network's Thunder Snow

:D

im jealous wish i was in dublin for this,.................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just got 2 flashes within 2 seconds. Spectacular views.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Clondalkin not seeing a bit of snow, but the lightning is coming thick n' fast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I was going to try and do college work now but this is messing with my concentration. Its only adding to my procrastination.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm seeing the odd blue flash, no thunder though.

West Dublin won't get any snow at this rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Anybody have latest NW 5min chart to hand?

136688.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Should be snowing in Sligo within the next hour, regarding thunder/lightning I'd be surprised if Sligo got any imo, showers are loosing intensity as the travel accross Ulster before reaching Sligo, pity.

That band has arrived here now, nothing but sleet I'm afraid. Shame cause its really heavy and persistent. You might get lucky further inland but we've had nothing but sleet for the past 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

My poor dogs won't settle so I am sitting up through all the thunder & lightning.
    Still, at least I have boards weather experts to talk me through it!

Oops just another massive flash and clap of thunder as I type!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

All of this thunder and lightening is amazing!!:D:D:D Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mega fork flash there over Dublin bay seen from d3. Thunder around 5secs later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Any chance of snow in castledermot in south Kildare near balltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

patneve2 wrote: »
    still hammering down in dalkey - a good 5cm of graupel now...2 inches in the mildest part of county dublin!

where in Dalkey are ya mate. Looking out on Hyde Road and the Aircoach didn't make any indent in the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Looks like a second streamer building out in the Irish sea.... Hopefully it'll stay on course for co wicklow.
    thunder is still rumbling away..

Screaming lightning and hearing a low groan of a plane, hope it is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Eibhin wrote: »
    My poor dogs won't settle so I am sitting up through all the thunder & lightning.
    Still, at least I have boards weather experts to talk me through it!

Oops just another massive flash and clap of thunder as I type!

One of our Westies is terrified of Bangers even off in the distance. Was expecting him to go nuts at the lightning and Thunder.

NAH!!! Havin great fun in the snow in the garden at 2:30am with his Westie Bro and ShihTsu sister with massive flashes and crackling thunder at 120 decibels going off around him. He's a strange little man! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm almost forgetting about my need for snow - this thunder & lightning fix is almost as rare as snow!!! Bloody glad I stayed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

WOW!

MASSIVE fork there. Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

No Snow but this is some Light Show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Some light show here, loads of lightning and no thunder :D Dog is going nuts with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement