Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

homolumo wrote: »
    When did it start? Snowing out here in Kill since I got up 20 mins ago. As you said not a lot on the ground, hopefully it will turn into last Jan and snow for a good few hrs.

Since about half six. Looks like heavier precip is making its way southwestwards now. Hope the temps stay low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nice covering here in the snowy south east :pac:.
    Only about 20m asl and 50m from the sea also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Good morning weather watchers, or is it...?

Well, its cloudy, cold with a very ligh frost here in West Limerick.

Not the promising sort of cloud either, fairly low level murky stuff.

Oh well, in reality I know there isn't a snowball in hells' chance of the white stuff but since I was teased with a proper snow shower yesterday evening the little boy in me has been hopeful.

Wife thinks I'm nuts, as another poster described looking out the window every two minutes and wearing out the F5 key :rolleyes: The Met Eireann Rainfall RADAR never looked so interesting yet depressing :D:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

crazy hail woke us up about 15 mins ago in NC Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom!!! Another in d3 and hail worsening for a bit. Morning all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Just looked out the window and heavy snow falling and plenty on the ground here already in Naas area. Is there more to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

The previous clatter of thunder set off a row of car alarms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

snowing for the last 2 hours:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snow on the ground here unfortunately.

I have work to do and now need someone with a four wheel drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Derfil wrote: »
    Is there more to come?

Hopefully not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Shamanic wrote: »
    The previous clatter of thunder set off a row of car alarms!

Same here! Some alarm clock wake up call!
    What's the cause of recent thunder in Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Hail has stopped and doesn't seem to be any heavy cloud moving in for now.....baldolye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Heavy snow in laois roads are a no go at minute

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Falling steadly still and sticking just outside Waterford, oil ran out last night :rolleyes:
    Don't care though its lovely!!! I've a box of beer and a pile of wood, I'm not budging for the day, feck Christmas shopping, I'll make and do presents :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

heavy hail here but its a bit wet, not like the stuff last night. winds are also picking up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

whiskeyman wrote: »

Clouds with bad indigestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Was woken up by a crazily loud hail shower bout 20 mins ago in D13. I was up til bout 3am enjoying the thunder and lightening, can't believe it's still here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

The size of the hail stones coming down my chimney :eek: I've never seen anything like them - 3/4 cm diameter, maybe.

(Dublin 16)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Clouds bumping into each other ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Since about half six. Looks like heavier precip is making its way southwestwards now. Hope the temps stay low.

Much heavier in the last 20 mins, have a birthday party on for the kids today, if it stays it will be great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Intense soft hail atm, with lightning! A good cover of snow and graupel on the ground. 0.3c atm. Overnight low of -1.3c.

Didn't get sleep last night until 4am - well, I was awoken bu thunder every 5 minutes by thunder. Thunder also woke me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

very strange here,no not snowing but a full gale is blowing,trees bending under the force of it????????

also anyone understand why temps have really shot up in parts of the east?????

very strange weather indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Snowed here in the midland's just a sprinkling,but still enough,Still around -1 and very strong North/ North Easterly winds so expecting a bit more snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

the optimist in me thinks that the showers may reach Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thats got to be the first time I've seen lightening with this kind of weather. Mad!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lightning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss just woke up to SNOW in Waterford :D. Sticking nicely getting heavier. Temp a perfect 0.0c DP -0.7c. Check my site for live webcam and stats

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Snowing heavily in Waterford...at last !!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss just woke up to SNOW in Waterford :D. Sticking nicely getting heavier. Temp a perfect 0.0c DP -0.7c. Check my site for live webcam and stats

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Ya just beat me !!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Intense soft hail atm, with lightning! A good cover of snow and graupel on the ground. 0.3c atm. Overnight low of -1.3c.

Didn't get sleep last night until 4am - well, I was awoken bu thunder every 5 minutes by thunder. Thunder also woke me this morning.

Hey DOC, got no feckin sleep last night and started work a half six,

The road from Ballinteer ave to the m50 was like glass this morning, M50 is not to bad but some of the slip roads are very bad, trucks stuck on a few of them

Hope you can keep the temp and dp down till i get home later ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement