Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

I doubt we've seen the last of it in Dublin either, some very aggressive looking clouds up there atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

snowing heavily now in the midland's.Birds flying in a south easterly direction presumably heading on holiday to a warmer climate,maybe wrong however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Thats got to be the first time I've seen lightening with this kind of weather. Mad!

Seen it last winter with the prolonged fall of snow last winter in Munster. Was actually out working in it during the night. Very erey altogether to see the landscape lit up by lightening under those conditions.

I remember it didn't feel all that cold but then again I was properly dressed and working so that probably helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Light dashing of snow here in Navan, with hail mixed in. Surprising considering last night they said there wouldn't be any snow over these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Hmmm... temp is way to high, thaw will be gathering pace soon, and any precipitation from those dark clouds will be rain, at least for me!! :( Theres still tomorrow though! Congrats to the south east, you deserve it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Light snow now in Monasterevin. About 4 - 5 cm on the ground. Temp -0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

My god it's a blizzard out there at the moment. Really coming down heavy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

light sprinkling of snow here in rathkenny outside navan in meath, fairly strong breeze to, freezing, great lightening show last night as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Portlaoise is absolutely covered in snow. It's very nice to see the morning after the toy show.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More lightning and thunder. Hail/graupel has stopped. 0.8c atm

Just noticed that the recent hail shower has stripped the leaves off a small ornamental maple tree in my back garden! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

About 3 inches of snow here in conary........thunder and lightning all night long and still going on, heavy snow again now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss just woke up to SNOW in Waterford :D. Sticking nicely getting heavier. Temp a perfect 0.0c DP -0.7c. Check my site for live webcam and stats

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Been snowing for the last 2 hours. GFS doesn't have the heaviest precip here until 10-1pm so fingers crossed, but I've noticed the DP slowly rising on your stats...

DP up to -0.3 now... uh oh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

got a very nice covering in clane, some very nasty clouds in the east coming over. Is that more snow???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

it is white outside but mainly hail not proper snow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Heavy hail woke me up at 6am in Dublin 15, more hail at 8am.

Light dusting of snow that looks like it is melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Panrich

About a half inch of snow in trim since 5am. Snow and hail again at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

Snowing in near Ardmore in West Waterford. its sticking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Heavy hail woke me up at 6am in Dublin 15, more hail at 8am.

Light dusting of snow that looks like it is melting.

Small bit of sleet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

good fall of snow here in monaghan town has to be at least 1.5inch:eek: if my camera hadnt decided to pack up id take a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

woohoo thick and heavy showers here now! and thunder! lightening! nearly as excited as the small boy. kildare, near Curragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

There was lightning and thunder sporadically going off here all night in Dublin 14, I could barely sleep I was so excited!

It's still happening now, a little flash and a rumble just there.

There's a good covering on the ground, but I don't think it's all snow, looks more like graupel.

Does anyone know if it will stay here in Dublin with more snow or is it likely to melt today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

woke up to snow and lots of it :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

*eadaoin wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it will stay here in Dublin with more snow or is it likely to melt today?

It will go messy, already +1.2c. More lightning and thunder just now. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Been snowing for the last 2 hours. GFS doesn't have the heaviest precip here until 10-1pm so fingers crossed, but I've noticed the DP slowly rising on your stats...

DP up to -0.3 now... uh oh

Was looking at that Maq with worry. It might drop though if the showers get heavier which they are a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Whiteout in Castlknock/Blanchardstown !!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

baraca wrote: »
    woke up to snow and lots of it :D

2-3 cm of snow in wex town ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

wow - huge snowflakes in Newbridge.
    Massive flash of lightening and a huge clap of thunder - wasn't expecting that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

irish147 wrote: »
    2-3 cm of snow in wex town ;)

About 13cm here 15 mins from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It will go messy, already +1.2c. More lightning and thunder just now. :)

Such a pity, but I hope this won't be the end of it for us in the city this year! :D

I see the thunder & lightning, it's crazy weather, I wish our balcony looked out towards the coast rather than out west!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

About 5/6CM of snow in shankill, heavy downfall last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement