Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Heavy Heavy down here in Co.waterford now

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

inabina wrote: »
    full recepie please?

Hi Inabina, sorry went to bed only saw your post now. Usually I use strong beer like one of the Polish ones, Tyskie or Zywiec, empty into a small pot heating gently, then add 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar and a good shake of cinnamon,mixed spice, nutmeg, you can taste to see how much spice you want in it, and then serve when it's pretty hot but not too hot otherwise the alcohol will vapourise. If you dont have the spices, the Polish shops sell packets for hot beer, they look like small soup packets. If you want it stronger you can always add a small drop of vodka:D not too much though, I put too much in once and it wasn't the best. Hope you enjoy!
    Meanwhile on the weather front, woke up to about a cm of snow this morning in Navan. Lots of lightning most of the night too from that streamer to my SSE.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Anyone update me on weather conditions in Enniscorthy or Vinegar Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sister lives on vinegar hill it's a whiteout up there driving conditions desperate.

Meanwhile it's started to snow in wexford town again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

TomTom wrote: »

By the look of the radar I'd say it's pelting down there.

• Advertisement

Snow is Battering down here in Tramore Co.Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

mfitzy wrote: »
    Did we get any thunder and lightning did you hear?

Not that I heard, but I think I slept quite heavily last night. :rolleyes:

Temps dropping. :D Massive flakes now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Absolute whiteout up here now. Best falling snow I've ever seen in Waterford.

I agree the best ever amazing, lovely huge flakes :D

I agree the best ever amazing, lovely huge flakes :D

Best snow In Waterford i have seen in YEARS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I can see this lasting a while judging by the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

baraca wrote: »
    Sister lives on vinegar hill it's a whiteout up there driving conditions desperate.

Meanwhile it's started to snow in wexford town again :)

Blizzard conditions again, this day gets better and better. One point of concern, in that dry spell for 10 mins temp rose to 0.4 and dewpoint upto -0.3, hopefully the snow will bring it back down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Look at that for a snowshield over Sligo

9:45 ...yeah, lovely front coming from the north

10:30 ..wtf ???

Somehow, just somehow, I feel left out :mad:

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Blizzard conditions again, this day gets better and better. One point of concern, in that dry spell for 10 mins temp rose to 0.4 and dewpoint upto -0.3, hopefully the snow will bring it back down again.

The snow brought the temp back down here beast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

BEASTERLY wrote: »

Keep us updated on the temps and dp beast only way i have of knowing around here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

sarah101 wrote: »
    Are you in the City? It's stopped out in Comer now.:confused:
    Nah I'm down in the south. The heavy showers seem to be only getting the bottom half of Kilkenny. Currently very heavy snow but not quite a whiteout. And if I was to cut the ruler it'd be realllly impressive. Here's another nice pic!

ZXWWX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Bucketing down here since morning and no sign of it easing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

RobitTV wrote: »
    Best snow In Waterford i have seen in YEARS!

I am surprised by all the snow that is falling around Waterford..so unusual... it is usually Wicklow and Dublin that bear the brunt of it.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Not really sticking very well here now despite it being heavy snow . . .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

TomTom wrote: »

still snowing heavy in enniscorthy no messin about 7" now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Temps dropping. :D Massive flakes now.

Congrats Maq! If anyone deserved to see somthing out of this it's you after the amount of time and effort you have put in monitoring this potential over the last few weeks!

Nice concentration of recorded lightening strikes over the east/southeast over the last 12 hours for sure:

136740.gif

I would sacrifice any amount of snow to get a few of these!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just about to drive from Donegal Town to Letterkenny. Side roads slippy but mains seem ok. Hope to get some pics passing through Barnesmore Gap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very steady snow for the last couple of hours with the odd brief lull.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I am surprised by all the snow that is falling around Waterford..so unusual... it is usually Wicklow and Dublin that bear the brunt of it.:D:D:D

This is making up for all the no Snow events over the years :D

jimmy.d wrote: »
    still snowing heavy in enniscorthy no messin about 7" now
    You've another few hrs to go there I'd say as the streamer is heading more into north wexford than south wicklow.
    We are just north of it now.

And the good news is this isn't breakdown snow. There is still probably another 5 or 6 days at least left in this cold spell with snow potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Congrats Maq! If anyone deserved to see somthing out of this it's you after the amount of time and effort you have put in monitoring this potential over the last few weeks!

Nice concentration of recorded lightening strikes over the east/southeast over the last 12 hours for sure:

136740.gif

I would sacrifice any amount of snow to get a few of these!! :)

that is very impressive i have to say. is this due to the milder irish sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yes.

Kudos to MT Cranium for saying several days ago that the Irish Sea snow showers would be beefy. If this snow was any more beefy it would be mooing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

No Snow in Tipp Town.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement