Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

flan59 wrote: »
    You can bet your life its snowin in the Deise a lot of the city is already in trouble with cars stuck on hills, snowing heavily now since about 10.30 and looks like continuing.

Just saw a car skid all over the place outside my house. Think the snow will stop soon though looking at the radar

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Amazing how i ignore the forecast on tv,instaed i check here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I didn't know Dublin airport had been closed for 2 hours this morning to remove all the snow...in my opinion with all the snow that is forceast later in the next few days it will be closed again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

naughto wrote: »
    starting to snow again in castlebar

please send it on here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snowfall weakening now. It was a good show but it's coming to an end. :) Roads will be lethal tonight when it freezes with all that snow/slush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

met radar has been so accurate... waiting for some snow tonight in Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Tramore, where i am is in Chaos 7 Garda squad cars flying up and Down the Link road, 4 ambulances, and as i speak one just went by, lol

Snow: Snow appears to be Calming now in Waterford city, but out in Tramore its still Heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Letterkenny. Pleasant sunshine but I'm watching a lovely dark mass of cloud moving in from the north.

Unfortunately I have to drive right into it in a few mins !! Fun !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours.

Northern Ireland:
    Co Antrim
    Co Derry
    Co Tyrone
    Heavy Snow 1300 Sat 27 1800 Sat 27

Snow showers will become heavier and more frequent through this afternoon. Accumulations of 5 cm possible, particularly away from the North Coast.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1055 Sat 27 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M9 near Mullinavat closed atm.According to AA Roadwatch conditions are treacherous and numerous trucks jacknifed in the area.Do the county councils watch the forecast? It's not as if this snow wasn't expected so they could have had the gritters out last night. We may send em a link to these threads.

• Advertisement

Snowfall weakening now. It was a good show but it's coming to an end. :) Roads will be lethal tonight when it freezes with all that snow/slush.

good too see you got snow maquiladora. as paddy1 said you well deserve it for the effort you put in keeping people up to speed on what's going on.

Pangea wrote: »
    These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours.

Northern Ireland:
    Co Antrim
    Co Derry
    Co Tyrone
    Heavy Snow 1300 Sat 27 1800 Sat 27

Snow showers will become heavier and more frequent through this afternoon. Accumulations of 5 cm possible, particularly away from the North Coast.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1055 Sat 27 Nov

senor pangea, has there been much snow with you up there this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

live blog up now folks if anyone has any pics. editor@irishweatheronline.com

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/live-blog-cold-spell-november-2010.html
    blog linked back to boards forum

Thanks wolfe.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

we got just over 5 and a half inches it was measured on the roof of the car but it melting fast now

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=1413&pictureid=7957

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

is this 5 day animated map new, how accurate would it be for rest of the week? Dublin due a lot of weather based on it?

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

please send it on here:D
    only a light shower but its geting dark out so there must be more on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Calibos wrote: »
    Wheres my Snow Gone!!??

Snow all gone in Bray, certainly near seafront. Whats it like in the rest of Bray??

Yep all gone here too, the wind finally veered East here at about 5:30 and the temperature went from 1.0C to 4.5C and the melt began, temp hasn't really shifted from that value and it's now 4.3C.

TomTom wrote: »
    What is the hope of any of this hitting the midlands over the weekend?

a decent chance on sunday for some snow, but the heaviest snow this weekend will most likely be in the east, south east, and parts of the west, north west and north. unfortunately the center of the country is probably the worst place to be in this setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

I think the thaw has actually stopped here. Clouds overhead but nothing on the radar.

You can see the snow on the ground as the clouds start to clear...

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

naughto wrote: »
    only a light shower but its geting dark out so there must be more on the way.

3 Hour forecast looking great for Mayo and Northwest in general, it may even make its way down the west coast as winds seem to be northerly...

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Its sun, sun, sun here in West Limerick.

Cold biting breeze is moderating and temp was 3 deg C last check.

Met Eireann rainfall radar is depressingly clear too.

Looks like it might be a nice autumn day here :(

Oh well, at least reading the posts is interesting and thanks to all for this pics and videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

3 Hour forecast looking great for Mayo and Northwest in general, it may even make its way down the west coast as winds seem to be northerly...

3hr-rain.gif

Only problem i see there is at the moment its far too warm, it'll be rain if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

3hr-rain.gif

where are u from visual pics?

myself,snaps and nacho are for the same area roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Blue skies and sun here now. Still loads of snow on the ground and I'm pretty much stranded because of the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Anybody on this brill weather channel in the Kerry area? I am suppose to travel to Tralee today but have heard that snow is a problem and tomorrow could be worse.....getting stranded is not an option as tomorrow is supposed to be worse!:(

-7 :eek:

27 November 2010 12:08

Today

Many areas will be dry for the rest of the day, with sunny spells, but there will be further showers of hail, sleet and snow for a time this afternoon in parts of the southeast, with a risk of thunderstorms, these largely dying out later. However, wintry showers will continue in Ulster, Connacht and along the west Munster coast. Highest temperatures 2 to 4 Celsius, in a moderate northerly breeze.
    Tonight

Tonight will be bitterly cold, with widespread severe frost and a risk of icy stretches on untreated roads. There will be further wintry showers of hail, sleet and snow, most likely in northern, western and eastern coastal areas, giving additional accumulations and with a risk of thunder, but a few wintry showers could occur in inland areas also. As winds fall light, some freezing fog will form. Minimum temperatures 0 to minus 7 Celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Not thawing too bad here, helping because it is hail i would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Unbelievable. A great day but a disappointing one as well. Had to cancel the kids birthday party due to snow. It is treacherous around Waterford City and worse out here. The snow that fell between 11 and 12 was the heaviest I have seen in a while and up until then we had more snow last Jan. To make up for no party twas snow time and we are just back in. Great crack, the snow is fantastic lovely and powdery...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, the snow eventually hit finglas at around 4am this morning got woken up by a drunken bf and got to see it starting, lots of lightening and thunder.

we had about 2 inches but its all lovely and sunny at the moment and 2 degrees.

a lot of clouds around though

does it look like we have move coming?

trying to get drunk boy out of bed so we can go for walk in the phoenix park

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement