Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

djhaxman wrote: »
    Did anyone think of getting any videos of the lightning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuDing1r8xw

Hi, I'm new to Boards. Got a few clips of the lightning. Hope the link works. Not sure if i'm doing it right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

seems like the East is in for more snow (according to recent RTE weather over the next few days...still about 5 cm of lying snow in Castleknock/Blanchardstown:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

suitseir wrote: »
    Anybody on this brill weather channel in the Kerry area? I am suppose to travel to Tralee today but have heard that snow is a problem and tomorrow could be worse.....getting stranded is not an option as tomorrow is supposed to be worse!:(

Very Little snow fell down here apart from on the mountains and the roads are pretty clear, so you shoudln't be too bad. That said there was patches of ice on minor roads this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like some light showers coming in for the Wicklow/Wexford coast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

christ after reading this thread its like im in a different country!!

there frost last night, now its sunny but still fairly cold, no sign of snow or storms, in cork city btw,

brilliant video of the lightning jenry:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

bladebrew wrote: »
    christ after reading this thread its like im in a different country!!

there frost last night, now its sunny but still fairly cold, no sign of snow or storms, in cork city btw,

brilliant video of the lightning jenry:eek:
    Thanks Bladebrew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Constant moderate snow here in Lifford Co.Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Snows finished here in south Kilkenny at just under 8inches or around 20cm. Really cant believe it.

DvWlE.jpg

This is the car!

JUnXV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Mmcd wrote: »
    Snows finished here in south Kilkenny at just under 8inches or around 20cm. Really cant believe it.

DvWlE.jpg

This is the car!

JUnXV.jpg

WOW :eek: thats an impressive amount of snow. I'm jealous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mmcd wrote: »

DvWlE.jpg

This is the car!

JUnXV.jpg

jesus! that's seriously impressive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Its nice to be on the receiving end of jealousy for once. During the cold spell last year we had two or three days of snow yet if it may have touched four inches at most. I don't feel quite so bad now. Are there any chance of Kilkenny getting any more showers before tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Anybody in North mayo tell us whats coming in there? Is it snow or rain? Started to cloud over here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

Anyone know how long this is going to last yet.

I hope west dublin gets another dumping. I plan on going for a walk in it.
    its lovely and sunny here now, in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Hey Nacho,
    Any info on what the models are telling us over the next 12 hrs regarding precipitation, temps etc??
    Its only 1.5deg in south west dublin. I think it has peaked at that.

Bull****!! That is not where you are anyway!! Maybe somewhere else but not your current location!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Any luck for Cork? I'd love some snow over the upcoming weeks :P

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Bull****!! That is not where you are anyway!! Maybe somewhere else but not your current location!!:D:D
    What makes you think that???:confused::confused::confused:
    Foothills, Montpelliar,hell fire club, a stones throw away!

Clouding over here now, wind picking up and thankfully temp is dropping. (Gone from 3.1 to 1.7c in the past 15mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Not thawing too bad here, helping because it is hail i would say!

Same here in D15, quite a graupal-y base. Reminds me of last january...very slow daytime thaw that never quites get there. If we have a couple of days of further 'top-up' falls it could be the same as in Jan, when ultimately there was quite a thick and icy covering that was very thaw-resistant during the days.

If we keep getting showers that is :P

• Advertisement

oterra wrote: »
    What makes you think that???:confused::confused::confused:
    Foothills, Montpelliar,hell fire club, a stones throw away!

Sorry if you are talking about the Dublin Moutains then I believe you because these and the Wicklows mountains get the highest snowfall in Ireland (official). There were metres of the stuff last year and it took months to thaw.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Sun out now but temp is actually falling. Very little thaw, now 0.1 degrees

A good 15cm now on tables. So much for met eireann's up to 10cm.

Hoping for a good freeze tonight, maybe some more showers?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snaps wrote: »
    Clouding over here now, wind picking up and thankfully temp is dropping. (Gone from 3.1 to 1.7c in the past 15mins)

Temp is a steady 0.4c here snaps, top temp so far is 0.6c Snow still lying out the country but melting in town.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

just lost the sun here and can feel the tempeture dropping rapidly.

i cant wait to get my weather station for christmas :)

i can still here the boy snoring so doesnt look like i am going to make to the park:(

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Sorry if you are talking about the Dublin Moutains then I believe you because these and the Wicklows mountains get the highest snowfall in Ireland (official). There were metres of the stuff last year and it took months to thaw.:D:D:D:D
    Just noting the temp seems to be staying between 1-1.5 deg.
    There seems to be a 2deg jump 6miles down the road in dundrum plus the snowfall seemed to be less. We seem to get a fair pasting here in the foothills south west dublin.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sun out here now but temp is a steady 0.9c with a DP of -0.8c. A bit of a thaw going on but not too much.

More Detail and new video @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

suitseir wrote: »
    Anybody on this brill weather channel in the Kerry area? I am suppose to travel to Tralee today but have heard that snow is a problem and tomorrow could be worse.....getting stranded is not an option as tomorrow is supposed to be worse!:(

The areas around Tralee had a couple of inches of snow this morning with the town itself getting a dusting. Minor roads are tricky but no reports of danger on the main National Primary roads coming into Tralee from Cork and Limerick. Keep tuned to aaroadwatch.ie for Munster reports to give you most up to date conditions.

btw, while I'm from D15, I am in Tralee this weekend, hence the onsite report!!

Temp is a steady 0.4c here snaps, top temp so far is 0.6c Snow still lying out the country but melting in town.

Just wondering if my temp reading was being affected by reflection of the sun by the snow?

According to the radar whats happening in and around Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ukprec.png

some hope tonight of a bit snow for those in the center of the country tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Any idea if the M9 from Waterford is still closed? The last update on AA was at 11.30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement