Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kilmeaney 1

What is the weather like at Dublin Airport area does anyone know.

Might have to collect someone about 6,coming from Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing quite heavy here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

What is the weather like at Dublin Airport area does anyone know.

Might have to collect someone about 6,coming from Carlow

Dublin airport was forced to close for a short time this morning as a result of the snow. It has since reopened, but there are significant flight delays as a result. Passengers are being advised to check with their airline before travelling to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Very scary here really dark sky & living in a bog I have to say Id worry if it does snow, the bog monster & Snow Monster might Amalgamate & try to take over the country...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bonnie Potts

I've never seen freezing snowy weather with thunder and lightening! Is this a phenomenon or what?! I thought it was warm weather that caused thunder storms. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sligo has gone from bright sunshine to black sky in half an hour. It's currently tipping down graupel at a nice rate. Now, let's see if it lasts to get a decent covering, the dusting from this morning is all gone

Co.Waterford Report: Quite good, Blue skys with abit of cloud, Snow still everywhere, roads been gritted, but very cold so i dont expect the snow to dry up anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Very scary here really dark sky & living in a bog I have to say Id worry if it does snow, the bog monster & Snow Monster might Amalgamate & try to take over the country...:eek:

whats your location fella ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back from a spin around my old stomping ground.
    Wow the Rathnew to Rathdrum road is bad, very scary and that was in daylight, almost impassable on non four wheel drive in places.
    Rathdrum to Laragh has quite a lot of snow 3-5 inches in places I'd say. Glendalough must be lovely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kilmeaney 1

The snow seems bad in most places,apart from Waterford.

Very unusual to have Thunder and Snow at the same time,i dont ever remember it ever happening.

I wonder could i get Ryan air to divert to Waterford:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

NIALL D wrote: »
    whats your location fella ??
    Just in longford!,boggy enuf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

peasant wrote: »
    Sligo has gone from bright sunshine to black sky in half an hour. It's currently tipping down graupel at a nice rate. Now, let's see if it lasts to get a decent covering, the dusting from this morning is all gone

Just came out from town and it changed so quickly. Really dark and some nice snow falling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Very unusual to have Thunder and Snow at the same time,i dont ever remember it ever happening.

I don't know what thread you've been reading today butty, but Waterford has had its biggest snowfall in about 20 years today, even if places north of here have been hit with even more! The M9 had to be closed at one stage.

It's not snowing any more, but there's plenty on the ground, and all the slush will more than likely freeze up later on.

Seems as if west Munster and the midlands are the only places to have escaped (so far).

i think some Aer arann flights were cancelled today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Nice bubbly convection over the Irish sea seems to be getting gradually stronger:) temp now 1.4C/-2.7C hope this North-West surface wind holds overnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Snow staring to freeze here, all ready down to -0.8.
    Our biggest snowfall since 1987 prehaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow has stopped ,it turned to sleet at the end, place is white but no accumulations really.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Are you serious??? I know it doesn't snow there often but in terms of what you got that seems starange. In the past 3 years alone (including this one) we have had many blizzards in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Lads just wondering about the m3 Dublin to kells? Friend of mine has to travel down tonight and back up tomo morning but doesn't wanna take any risks? What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Jerry is right, Waterford got a serious duming and looks like their could be more on the way:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Are you serious??? I know it doesn't snow there often but in terms of what you got that seems starange. In the past 3 years alone (including this one) we have had many blizzards in Dublin.

Plenty of snow has fallen the last 3 winters but in terms on snow lying on the ground and not thawing today's 8 inches in south Kilkenny would be up there with 1987.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Shamanic wrote: »
    Lads just wondering about the m3 Dublin to kells? Friend of mine has to travel down tonight and back up tomo morning but doesn't wanna take any risks? What you think?
    http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Starting to freeze. Going to be treacherous tonight. :(

Temperature: Current -0.5 °C High 0.9 °C Low -1.7 °C
    Dew Point: Current -2.7 °C High 0.4 °C Low -2.7 °C

Hi on a different note does anybody know what to do in order to stop all of these replies flooding into my e-mail in box??? Do I have to unsubscribe or what?? I would appreciate your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Hi on a different note does anybody know what to do in order to stop all of these replies flooding into my e-mail in box??? Do I have to unsubscribe or what?? I would appreciate your advice.

Click on "unfollow thread" maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Go to your user CP and turn off email notifications.

Go to your user CP and turn off email notifications.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is CP???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Temp dropping rapidly in kk, gone from 0.9 about 40 mins ago to -0.7 a few mins ago and still falling rapidly . ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

first streamers forming...
    http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Advertisement

Yeh defo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement