Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bucketing down here for the past 15 minutes, easily the heaviest snow I've seen all weekend and in the space of 15 minutes its accumulated more than the whole of last night

Everything all white again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm near the Meath border....about 5 kilometres south east of Enfield and west of Kilcock. Got about 1cm from that shower. Easing now. There was already lying snow but the clear patch where my car was earlier is completely covered

Pangea wrote: »
    Another snow shower here ,around 1 inch now, not bad too look at ;) Freezing now.
    Just have my first ever drive on snow ,interesting to say the least :D

I had a driving lesson earlier in the snow, first time I've driven in 3 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Location City Center :Went to the shops 40mins ago the path was ice & slush, but by the time I was on my way back they had already started to freeze hard :(

Watch your steps tonight folks ...will have to drag out my old work boots which I have put screws in the soles for ice walking.

M44ScrewBoot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Still nothing in Tipp Town ("_")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

nice DominoDub, did the same with mine last year, pc screws do come in handy!

Now where did I put those boots :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Starting to snow lightly in Naas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Just started to come down here in Sallins again. Very light at the moment though.

Derfil wrote: »
    Just started to come down here in Sallins again. Very light at the moment though.

In Sallins too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Got the fat kid up the road right in the mush with a snowball earlier. Redemption for last year when he hit my car with a block of ice.. Payback can be such an enjoyable thing:)

• Advertisement

Bigger flakes now !! wooo !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Derfil wrote: »
    Got the fat kid up the road right in the mush with a snowball earlier. Redemption for last year when he hit my car with a block of ice.. Payback can be such an enjoyable thing:)

Normally I'd never condone such behaviour, but bravo! :D

It's not redemption though, unless he understands what it's for. Let's hope he's learned a lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

All of the slush and melted snow (Water) is frozen solid.

Temperature: Current -2.3 °C High 0.9 °C Low -2.3 °C
    Dew Point: Current -3.1 °C High 0.4 °C Low -3.2 °C

All the people in the Nass area, it looks like you're going to get a heavy shower in about 2/3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

heavy snow here again in monaghan town and judging by raintoday will be for some time

All the people in the Nass area, it looks like you're going to get a heavy shower in about 2/3 hours, its just passing lough neagh now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

dacogawa wrote: »
    All the people in the Nass area, it looks like you're going to get a heavy shower in about 2/3 hours, its just passing lough neagh now

Its here in Newbridge already, real heavy snowfall as we speak and has been for the last 20 minutes

Still going here!

Crazy stuff, I wasnt expecting much more than a few 5 minute showers tonight and we've had nearly an hour of really heavy snow now, about 3 or 4 cm built up from this shower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

theres obviously a shield around cork city at the moment, havent seen anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can anyone tell us what it'll be like in Naaaaaaavan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Harps wrote: »
    Still going here!

Crazy stuff, I wasnt expecting much more than a few 5 minute showers tonight and we've had nearly an hour of really heavy snow now, about 3 or 4 cm built up from this shower

Driving from Letterkenny to Glenfin(snowing there even longer) at 9pm, should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Heavy snow here now just south of Ballyhaunis

Maynooth should see some of the white stuff soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Pete2k wrote: »
    Heavy snow here now just south of Ballyhaunis

That's coming nicely our way, colder then yesterday so hopefully no rain this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Moderate snowfall in Maynooth now. Looking at the radar it may last for approx. 30 minutes.

EDIT: getting heavier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    theres obviously a shield around cork city at the moment, havent seen anything

Don't think you will see anything there tonight but you never know.

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Moderate snowfall in Maynooth now. Looking at the radar it may last for approx. 30 minutes.

EDIT: getting heavier.

Looks like we could do quite well from the showers reaching so far inland !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Getting ridiculous here, i knew it was a frost hollow and al that but its november, 18.20 in the evening and its -6.2C out there . . .and i'm pretty sure the thermometer is reliable, definately wouldn't be out by more than a few points of a degree . . .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Looks like we could do quite well from the showers reaching so far inland !

Strangely enough this one didn't originate over the sea, it's going straight south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Bucketing down snow here now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement