Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nothing here in Palmerstown since last night. Last night's fall is still on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Snowing pretty heavy here now for last ten mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    theres obviously a shield around cork city at the moment, havent seen anything

and 1 over cavan as well:mad: whoever knows where the switch is turn it of NOW!! pissin me off hearin all the snow reports:(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Hi All

Snowing heavy here in Celbridge. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Time for a snow beer methinks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabregas9200

My dad texted me. A guy just veered off the road into a ditch in front of him in tubbercurry. There are trucks getting stuck on the hill and its getting blocked he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

as Mickger said roads are lethal here in Waterford. I am out in the country but on a main road; it is just topped with a thick layer of compacted snow throughout yet no sign of it being gritted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Very, very cold with patchy cloud cover in West Limerick this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Getting really bad in Castlebar at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Snowing something serious now, happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

clear sjys hea with nothing to report, all the snow/hail from last night has compaceted and anything that melted is frozen solid now, temp is -0.6c and dropping slowly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Light snow now in Lucan!

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Pelting snow in Maynooth, temperature is just below freezing (-0.1C) outside the front door (so a bit colder away from buildings), and visibility is down to ~100m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

My dad texted me. A guy just veered off the road into a ditch in front of him in tubbercurry. There are trucks getting stuck on the hill and its getting blocked he said.
    Gardai are dealing with a collision on the N17 Galway/Sligo Rd at Tobercurry, where there heavy delays both ways between Tobercurry & the N4 Rathrippon jct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Heavy snow in Castlebar at the moment....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Light snow now in Lucan!

:):):):)

Bring it up here will ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

hmmm, wonder if I'll be able to get to work in Kildare on Monday morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

gothwalk wrote: »
    Pelting snow in Maynooth, temperature is just below freezing (-0.1C) outside the front door (so a bit colder away from buildings), and visibility is down to ~100m.

If it is snowing AGAIN in Lucan it will surely hit here in Castleknock, Dublin 15 a few kilometres away.:D:D:D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I am beginning to think this drive to offaly might not be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    If it is snowing AGAIN in Lucan it will surely hit here in Castleknock, Dublin 15 a few kilometres away.:D:D:D:D

Barely falling at all in Lucan - doesn't look to be getting any better. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

HUGE flakes here now , oh baby! Biggest flakes of the winter so far , place has a good depth now , if it keeps up wont be long till we reach the 2 inch mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

M2 buoy is reporting NE winds now 22km/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Any reports on road conditions in the Cavan/Killishandra area I have to drive from Louth to Killishandra tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Snowing lightly here again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

@ Loli, wondering if there is snow on Croagh Patrick:

Yep, theres a good bit, not totally covered but halfway up its drifting into 2 foot accumulations in some parts. The cone looks to be only partly covered. Was up there today, wish I had a sledding device for the few steep boggy parts halfway up that were under a foot or so and really sleddable.

Amazing views up there today with the snow showers sweeping in, then 5 minutes later clear, then all dark again. Really dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

manu2009 wrote: »
    Getting really bad in Castlebar at the moment!

yea it is more has fell in the last half an hour than all of last night:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

baraca wrote: »
    M2 buoy is reporting NE winds now 22km/h

If thats right it should push the snow in the Irish sea right onto Dublin/Wicklow (here's hoping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

some promising clouds coming towards Palmerstown now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just came home in a massive snow shower between Clonee and Dunshaughlin, the old N3 (free road) is lethal as it has not been treated at all. The M3 was clear but is now filling up with snow across the surfaces. Snow has stopped falling but almost 2 inchs on the ground here now. Footpaths are lethal and seen a few people fall already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

@ Loli, wondering if there is snow on Croagh Patrick:

Yep, theres a good bit, not totally covered but halfway up its drifting into 2 foot accumulations in some parts. The cone looks to be only partly covered. Was up there today, wish I had a sledding device for the few steep boggy parts halfway up that were under a foot or so and really sleddable.

Amazing views up there today with the snow showers sweeping in, then 5 minutes later clear, then all dark again. Really dramatic.

cheers. any idea what the temp was and the windchill factor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement