Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

9 inches of snow here in Cloghan, central Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

How's the snow now in Kerry? I remain hopeful in North Cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 splash137

Maynooth is pretty doused and underneath that snow some
    Of the roads are like bottles. I'm on the moyglare road and it is treacherous all day, can't imagine what it's like after another 3-4cm in the last hour
    Lovely..I'll be on the moyglare road too though maybe not til monday at this rate! :P Thanks guys for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

barnicles wrote: »
    Stopped again here but nice dusting, probably heavier further west i.e. Dingle, more showers on the way south hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

barnicles wrote: »

stopped snowing in tralee for now.. Check out rainfall radar tab on met.ie's latest weather tab and it will give you indication if precipation is approaching your area. click the animation bar to see how it's progressing.

Unfortunately, Cork is showing nothing at the moment...sorry. Kerry has a few more interesting pockets of showers coming it's way though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Has anyone seen any lightning over the Irish Sea tonight? I'm waiting for some to start before driving down towards the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

shiibata wrote: »
    Crikey!
    Hope the postman survives this :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

yeah we still need him for next Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

ongarboy wrote: »
    stopped snowing in tralee for now.. Check out rainfall radar tab on met.ie's latest weather tab and it will give you indication if precipation is approaching your area. click the animation bar to see how it's progressing.

Unfortunately, Cork is showing nothing at the moment...sorry. Kerry has a few more interesting pockets of showers coming it's way though:D

Ah I see :P
    I'm near the Kerry border so I was keeping my fingers crossed.. I have that Met page on auto-reload :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I knew it'd be bad around there but 9 inches is crazy!

All the showers around here are just skimming the north coast now before turning into central Donegal, narrowly missing us which is annoying. Still, all frozen now so no chance of anything melting any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

no snow in wexford all day

cry cry

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Cheers for that Wolfe.
    Iam 31 meters above the Irish sea. And they say its the most radioactive sea in europe, thats why i never see any snow;).
    Thank Sellarfield!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

shiibata wrote: »

Pics please!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Does anyone know if there'll be snow overnight in Galway(city)? My 3 year old went to bed just as it started this evening he was so excited but the snow stopped soon after :( He'll be gutted if it's not white outside when he wakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

More teeny tiny flakes in Craughwell landing on the nearly melted teeny tiny flakes from earlier.
    Now, dont get me wrong, Im very very happy to get any sort of snow, but I really feel it could make a better effort than this, come on early winter, put yer back into it....

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

skipz wrote: »
    Cheers for that Wolfe.
    Iam 31 meters above the Irish sea. And they say its the most radioactive sea in europe, thats why i never see any snow;).
    Thank Sellarfield!!

cheers i am 105 asl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

More snow in south mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

irish147 wrote: »
    no snow in wexford all day

cry cry

Whereabouts in wexford, blizzard conditions here from 5 in the morning till 1 oclock, 15 mins nw of town.

Was in town earlier and there seemed to be a good bit of snow there aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Whereabouts in wexford, blizzard conditions here from 5 in the morning till 1 oclock, 15 mins nw of town.

Was in town earlier and there seemed to be a good bit of snow there aswell.
    Hi- stop snowing here in town about 11 ish (but hope we get more over night)

where are you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is snow dust falling here in North Tipperary. I wasn't expecting anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Snow here! Halfway between listowel and abbeyfeale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Almost clear enough for star gazing tonight in a very cold West Limerick, only a tiniest bit of haze making the stars a bit fuzzy.

Air temps seem to be somewhere between -2 and -3 deg C according to the NRA data. Road temps haven't taken a dramatic drop yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My godson is out in the falling snow in Killoscully, Newport Co.Tipp :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Does anyone know if there'll be snow overnight in Galway(city)? My 3 year old went to bed just as it started this evening he was so excited but the snow stopped soon after :( He'll be gutted if it's not white outside when he wakes.

The rainfall radar thing shows snow heading our way now, but I wouldnt get my hopes up because it could just as easily end up as rain or thaw completely by morning. But I have my fingers crossed for your fellas sake and have 3 little men who will also be devistated if its gone in the morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My godson is out in the falling snow in Killoscully, Newport Co.Tipp :D:D

Snowing heavy up there is it? Hopefully some of that will blow down towards Newport itself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Funnily enough it's a regular winter wonder land around Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Pangea wrote: »
    Oh apologies, didnt see that.
    Im sure some of our wexford/kilkenny posters would argue with u about the latter statment though ;)

I'm in south kilkenny!!

Temp has risen from-6.3 earlier to -4.5 now . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Snowing heavy up there is it? Hopefully some of that will blow down towards Newport itself. :D

They just said its quite a bit, so fingers crossed you will get to see some!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement