Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

demakinz wrote: »
    Is there anyone/anywhere that hasn't seen any snow the last few days?

Yes iam guilty. No snow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Two seperate flashes of lightning seen here to me E/SE in the last few minutes. A repeat performance? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snowing again in Galway City :D. Temp -0.4 in a light NNW'ly breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

YES!!!!! just started snowing here:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Villain wrote: »
    -5.7c and falling, amazing temps already for November

Had -6.3 earlier, bizarrely, becuase it was only 7 pm, but even more strangely has risen to -3.2 now.
    Not as sophisticated as your set up, but its an oregon scientific thermometer, was 15m away from the house and 1 m off the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Shane732 wrote: »

Here we go people.....!!!! :D

Edit: I wanted it to show 21:45!!! :(

I just had a look at 21:45, it looks pretty sweet!! All that action just waiting for us there out over the Irish Sea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »

nice one. it seems nearly ever place in the country is getting a bit of snow. yet another remarkable aspect of this cold period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

danni2 wrote: »

Nothing here yet. *checks out back yard* wait a minute...yes....snowing!! Very lightly but it's a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

nice one. it seems nearly ever place in the country is getting a bit of snow. yet another remarkable aspect of this cold period.

Nearly being the important word in that sentence!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Can we take it that this is a sign of things to come this winter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Not even so much of a snowflake seen here in Limerick City. Is there any chance for us, weather people?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

WEB_radar_201011272145.gif

Please, snow god, I would like to have a snowball fight tomorrow :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow stopped here in North Tipp now, nice covering on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nothing in Dublin, just seems to be avoiding Dublin by couple of miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

KilOit wrote: »
    Nothing in Dublin, just seems to be avoiding Dublin by couple of miles

It's getting closer though, and there's a few streamers joining up! Need it to blow west more

attachment.php?attachmentid=136850&stc=1&d=1290896519

leahyl wrote: »
    Nearly being the important word in that sentence!:D

you obviously haven't seen WolfeIre's post in the other thread;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Light snow in galway city now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Nice flakey snow in Galway City now. It's sticking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

flanzer wrote: »
    It's getting closer though, and there's a few streamers joining up! Need it to blow west more

Dumb question - do the blue and yellow bits not mean rain?

Not a single cloud in the sky here :(

you obviously haven't seen WolfeIre's post in the other thread;)

:confused: link?!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys one thing that I am unable to understand is how come Met Eireann never mentioned tonight on any forecast on TV about the lightning storm last night in the East Coast, its unreal that it was not worth a mention given all the posts here last night.

430 (134 members & 296 guests) Moderators : 2

nacho libre, Drakmord, Pangea, fatherbuzcagney, greenpeter, redalicat, snowww, jessie37, Chief---, downwiththatsor, irish147, NickDrake, CrazyFish, Wickerman1, golfnut84, rainbowdash, DOCARCH, Shamanic, rhonin, ffarrell7, isle of man, mothel, neil2304, PauloMN, byrneno7, Heyes, Cú Giobach, sarsfield06, MayoForSam, sunbabe08, brown bear, JanuarySnowstor, Deep Easterly, 123balltv, Dow99, Uachtar Reoite, WDR, Banished-She, force eleven, dollydishmop, eigrod, thomasj, ViDuchie, torres9kop, odyboody, Storm 10, TheFairy, MetLuver, Duffff-Man, CrowdedHouse, darmur, ellieh1, katzenjammer, *eadaoin, newbie2, arctictree, oterra, lalee17, Tactical, leahyl, ElectroJazz, Damo9090, IT-Guy, TheInquisitor, lolie, newbie1234, dacogawa, redsunset, Stephen P, Mike Litoris, joe316, zerks, kingshankly, nifheorais, taffy lulu, sillybird, Mr Trade In, Weathercheck, talkabout, toilet_ducks, me89, NoodleMc, milly4ever, JAMM222, Saganist, Porridgemonster, ronnie3585, delw, belle_09, Fionagus, larry1, irishmotorist, Bummer1234, phonypony, Fabregas9200, mickger844posts, carlmwan, dbyrne, j1979p, RockPaper, random_banter, Su Campu, mysillyusername, paulocon, thetonynator, Cionád, notspav, naughto, Takeshi_Kovacs, Shane732, TFK, Nihilist21, Immaculata, WolfeIRE+, joe199, eoinor, kayakboy, ferrigan101, Jpmarn, pigeonbutler

impressive! for a Saturday night:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Guys one thing that I am unable to understand is how come Met Eireann never mentioned tonight on any forecast on TV about the lightning storm last night in the East Coast, its unreal that it was not worth a mention given all the posts here last night.

Aye, and also given that fact that it has the chance of disrupting rail services - i.e. the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Nice flakey snow in Galway City now. It's sticking too.
    TG I'm on boads.ie or I would have missed it!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

A light dusting of snow here in Longford between Ardagh and Edgeworthstown.

Temp -0.9c and Dp of -1.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

demakinz wrote: »
    Is there anyone/anywhere that hasn't seen any snow the last few days?

yeh me until now:( just had a light shower in last half hour which left a slight coverin outside. feel very inadequet after hearin all the talk about 8 inches on here:o the snow that is:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Storm 10 wrote: »

Met Eireann have been awful the last 24 hrs for predicting whats going to happen. Just ignore them and rely on MT and all the experts in here.
    Here at the moment its -1.9c after hitting a low of -2.9c an hour ago. Its amazing the difference a light wind and bit of cloud can do to temps.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

leahyl wrote: »
    :confused: link?!

:eek::eek:! How reliable is this though?! It's prob likely to be downgraded by then I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Dumb question - do the blue and yellow bits not mean rain?
    When that 'rain' hits the cold land air mass, it falls as snow...let it snow, let it snow, let it snowwww! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement