Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

430 (134 members & 296 guests) Moderators : 2

impressive! for a Saturday night:D

Its becoming an annual event :D

Wouldn't miss it :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Guys one thing that I am unable to understand is how come Met Eireann never mentioned tonight on any forecast on TV about the lightning storm last night in the East Coast, its unreal that it was not worth a mention given all the posts here last night.

I think the answer is in your own question! It's a forecast. They do not tend to have time in their forecasts to go back over the weather that's already happened. Yesterday they had forecast the possibility of thunderstorms for last night on the east coast (which came to pass).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dumb question - do the blue and yellow bits not mean rain?

Not a single cloud in the sky here :(

No it's precipitation. It call fall as snow/rain/sleet/hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just after driving back from Mayo to Tuam, another inch of snow fell around here in the past few hours.

Driving conditions were very hazardous, Galway CoCo seemed to have gritted the roads and they were OK, but the roads in Mayo (the N5 and the N17) were atrocious :mad: All the Mayo lads must be up protesting in Dublin.

-1.5C outside at the mo, beautiful starry skies and it is freezing hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

430 (134 members & 296 guests) Moderators : 2

nacho libre, Drakmord, Pangea, fatherbuzcagney, greenpeter, redalicat, snowww, jessie37, Chief---, downwiththatsor, irish147, NickDrake, CrazyFish, Wickerman1, golfnut84, rainbowdash, DOCARCH, Shamanic, rhonin, ffarrell7, isle of man, mothel, neil2304, PauloMN, byrneno7, Heyes, Cú Giobach, sarsfield06, MayoForSam, sunbabe08, brown bear, JanuarySnowstor, Deep Easterly, 123balltv, Dow99, Uachtar Reoite, WDR, Banished-She, force eleven, dollydishmop, eigrod, thomasj, ViDuchie, torres9kop, odyboody, Storm 10, TheFairy, MetLuver, Duffff-Man, CrowdedHouse, darmur, ellieh1, katzenjammer, *eadaoin, newbie2, arctictree, oterra, lalee17, Tactical, leahyl, ElectroJazz, Damo9090, IT-Guy, TheInquisitor, lolie, newbie1234, dacogawa, redsunset, Stephen P, Mike Litoris, joe316, zerks, kingshankly, nifheorais, taffy lulu, sillybird, Mr Trade In, Weathercheck, talkabout, toilet_ducks, me89, NoodleMc, milly4ever, JAMM222, Saganist, Porridgemonster, ronnie3585, delw, belle_09, Fionagus, larry1, irishmotorist, Bummer1234, phonypony, Fabregas9200, mickger844posts, carlmwan, dbyrne, j1979p, RockPaper, random_banter, Su Campu, mysillyusername, paulocon, thetonynator, Cionád, notspav, naughto, Takeshi_Kovacs, Shane732, TFK, Nihilist21, Immaculata, WolfeIRE+, joe199, eoinor, kayakboy, ferrigan101, Jpmarn, pigeonbutler

impressive! for a Saturday night:D

first time i seen me name on one of them lists. yay:)
    as for the snow i got r shud i say not gettin:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

its getting really close, has moved more towards the coast in the last hour http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ get ready Dublin/Wicklow (I Hope :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

dacogawa wrote: »
    its getting really close, has moved more towards the coast in the last hour http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ get ready Dublin/Wicklow (I Hope :))

The odds look even more favourable for a landing before midnight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

The lightest of light snow now in North Cork, hope it intensifies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

starting to get a bit of cloud cover, the stars have gone, temp has gone up to -.6c and just looked at radar and there seems to be a big amount building up in the irish sea just off dublin and it could very well hit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Just watching BBC news now and they reckon the cold snap could last for weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yay!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

barnicles wrote: »
    The lightest of light snow now in North Cork, hope it intensifies! :D

The force field has been broken!....somewhat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

Just watching BBC news now and they reckon the cold snap could last for weeks!!

is that for ireland & the uk or just the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

any snow for north kilkenny tonite guys?

flanzer wrote: »
    The odds look even more favourable for a landing before midnight??

I think so, it says its just hitting howth now, I really think this will hit the dublin coast within an hour, if not 2. it looks like the winds have really changed, north dublin might get lucky too

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

just checked out yr.no and the have changed from the odd bit of snow every odd hour to alot of snow over the night throughout the night, www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Dublin/Dublin/, would any of the experts agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dbyrne wrote: »
    starting to get a bit of cloud cover, the stars have gone, temp has gone up to -.6c and just looked at radar and there seems to be a big amount building up in the irish sea just off dublin and it could very well hit:D
    lets hope it doesnt just tease us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

lolie wrote: »
    is that for ireland & the uk or just the uk?

Well they never usually comment on Rep.Irl but I take it that it means Ireland also! They said it will get worse before it gets better with winds picking up from Wednesday onwards from the east!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Yep, that band in the sea looks like its about to make land. And Im right in the middle of it.. :D:D

Bring it on !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I think the answer is in your own question! It's a forecast. They do not tend to have time in their forecasts to go back over the weather that's already happened. Yesterday they had forecast the possibility of thunderstorms for last night on the east coast (which came to pass).

Can you tell me when we ever had a lightning event like the one that happened last and did not at least deserve a mention given all the posts I was reading last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »

this force field is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

My attempt at a giant snow penis!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looking at the radar and wind direction i would say South County Dublin and North Wicklow are in for some action very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sophielou77

jimmynokia wrote: »
    bring that snow to dublin now LOL its baltic out my car is frozen over since 7pm this eve

We got thank god there is going to be more over the next few days :D:D;):):rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

leahyl wrote: »

Nothing here in Bishopstown!!

I love this cold hard weather!!!

I like what BBC said!, i really do hope it lasts well into January!!:D:D:D

Looking at the radar and wind direction i would say South County Dublin and North Wicklow are in for some action very soon.

I think north Dublin as well, anyone in howth, malahide, rush, ect seeing anything yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rain today showing that band hitting land in Skerries, any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

im in the naul and there is no sign of anything yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

dacogawa wrote: »
    I think north Dublin as well, anyone in howth, malahide, rush, ect seeing anything yet ?

3 miles from Howth....... still waiting!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement