Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

the radar shows snow hitting the east coast up as far as newry/dundalk- suppose none for us further up the east coast? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Eastern Scotland is snowbound as with Northeastern England.

Aberdeen is under 12 inches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dacogawa wrote: »
    I think north Dublin as well, anyone in howth, malahide, rush, ect seeing anything yet ?
    im close to howth & nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

had a quick look out the window toward wicklow town there looks to be very thick cloud making its way inland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

leahyl wrote: »
    The force field has been broken!....somewhat...

Well to be fair I can see Kerry from here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Heavy clouds gathering over Baldoyle now... IT'S COMING!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are we supposed to have -10 at sometime, here it is not that cold and no snow, cork must be blessed

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

On the coast in Dalkey here and that cloud has come over us (probably just the "edge" at the moment). No sign of it dropping anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

flanzer & delw you should see something soon, keep us posted if you can please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

goat2 wrote: »
    are we supposed to have -10 at sometime, here it is not that cold and no snow, cork must be blessed

It just does not snow in Cork!! Or Waterford (apart from today)!"!!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looking at the radar and wind direction i would say South County Dublin and North Wicklow are in for some action very soon.

Mick,what are the prospects for a bit more snow in Waterford City throughout the night and early moring tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Big clouds gathering over santry now, hopefully will begin to drop soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Waiting hopefully in Dublin 12....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

We need our reporters in Rush!

latest has it bearing down on here but nothing here.

Defo moving more SE now. S Dublin, Wicklow looks set for damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Dundalk must be up there with the best when it comes to snow shields:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Eastern Scotland is snowbound as with Northeastern England.

Aberdeen is under 12 inches!

Watching Match of the Day and looking at that big snowstorm working its way very slowly across to me. Its over Edinburgh now so only 40 miles more for it to go, hope it holds together...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It just does not snow in Cork!! Or Waterford (apart from today)!"!!!:mad::mad:

Ah it does actually.....cos it's snowing now!! JUST KIDDING!:D

we got snow last January though so I'm sorry sir but you are mistaken!:D;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Mick,what are the prospects for a bit more snow in Waterford City throughout the night and early moring tomorrow?

The wind is due to change to a North east direction after midnight so this will improve our chances of getting some of those streamers from the Irish Sea. Thats how we got our snow today so i would say our chances are pretty good but you never know for certain with this set up.

You can check the latest weather stats including wind direction @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Defo moving more SE now. S Dublin, Wicklow looks set for damage.

Wow, Waterford is SE:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Cloud is getting thicker in Malahide, absolutely bitterly cold outside. Hope snow will hit us soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Cloud is getting thicker in Malahide, absolutely bitterly cold outside. Hope snow will hit us soon

Snap, I'm in Portmarnock. Keep looking out the window hoping for snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I'm at the seafront in Bray, feels kind of mild and apart from 7 snow flakes I've seen in the last 5 mins there is absolutely no indication of snow coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jazlyn Quick Fungus is not gonna be impressed with your username! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

It's the haily stuff here in Donabate but it's white and coming come heavily at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Man you can tell I am new to this, thought there surely couldn't be another such username out there :))

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Look at some of these road webcams in Scotland,click on one of the cameras, impressive stuff!!

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

this thing looks like its going to swallow Dublin/Wicklow, I cant wait!!! :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ (if you haven't used this before, you can zoom in & pause, play, flick forward/back)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Hard frost and slightly misty clear sky here in Stamullen, Co Meath. Can see cloud over the sea. Hopefully we get some more of the craziness from last nite again later tonight :D

Come on and get going convection over the Irish Sea :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Any reports in north dublin. Shower brushing the coast.

136860.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Graupelling in D13 now.

Edit: It's turned into snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement