Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

How far inland is that cloud predicted to go? Wondering is maynooth done for the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Jaysus, looking at the met charts a behemoth seems to be forming off the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

OK laptop fully charged, lights off and positioned in upstairs bedroom with lampost outside for optimum flake viewing. will post on sighting of first flake.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭taffy lulu

No snow falling in Clane. Can't see the moon. It's kind of foggy and the sky looks v eerie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately it's only gonna effect the southern half of the east coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Seeing nary a flake in Dundrum. : ( Heavy cloud cover though! Have people been spotting lightening again??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Had a small shower of snow about 10 minutes ago, seem to be the last of them for a while unless that huge beast just east of Dublin decides to pay me a visit but i highly doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Temp & DP rising rapid - but wind is now a definite easterly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Still coming down great here in Donabate. Mostly graupel with light snow. The place is white and it's sticking. Yeah baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Gonzo wrote: »
    unfortunately it's only gonna effect the southern half of the east coast.

Doesn't seem like south wicklow and wexford are going get anything from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Shower of graupel here for the last 20 mins. Getting heavy now, about 2cms.
    Lusk Co Dublin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

any thunder and lightning around? I'd love a bit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Boo. Oh well I'm just being greedy really! We already have 3cm-4cm odd with wonderfully compacted icy roads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

literally just started snowing in Balrothery, Nth County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The M2 off howth is reporting a dew-point of -3.9c (around -0.1 for snow from what I heard), come on bring it in please!!! right into the bay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

OK laptop fully charged, lights off and positioned in upstairs bedroom with lampost outside for optimum flake viewing. will post on sighting of first flake.
    im not too far away from you so hope you see something soon,gettin little bit heavier,bit graupel'y

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light graupel now in Ringsend :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Temp & DP rising rapid - but wind is now a definite easterly :D

Dont read too much into the rise in Temps and DP. As long as your DP is zero or below you should be fine. E.G today for most of our heavy snow here it was 1.0c/-0.3c. Also these values will drop in the showers anyway so enjoy what you get soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

graupel now in sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

People - WE HAVE FLAKES !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Kettle goin on.... Who wants some tea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

I imagine we'll see a few school closures given the weather forecast for the next few days and the amount that's already come down. Paths will be treacherous etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Nothing at all at the moment right beside the Aviva Stadium D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Hahahaha!

On my laptop Temputure reader it says:
    Dublin: 19C
    Waterford: 15C
    Sligo: 22C

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is magnificant powder snow.

Looks so innocent but settling rapidly and crunches beautifully!:D:D

Getting home from town tonight is gonna be fun for the masses!

Watch out Dublin CC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was literally about to go to bed and did one last check out to the lamppost..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Full on snow now in Dalkey.. good flakes and falling thick, and sticking. Roads already all white again. Only been snowing a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Snowing in Howth. Visibility poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Been snowing for over an hour now mainly light snow but sticking very well due to the frozen ground:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Light flakes in Booterstown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement