Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Stopped here in Donabate but I'm very confident there's more to come. Night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

GOD HOPEFULLY

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Well it finally snowed in Cork City albeit very very light and short lived, hopefully next week is a good'un :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

that is one pissed off looking dog :pac:

He was pissed cause I was calling him in - snow makes him hyper - pacing round the house now looking for trouble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Blizzard conditions in Castleknock..Dubln 15...!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God damn this thread is addictive! But at this stage I'm struggling to keep my eyes open so u must retire for the night! Hopefully I will awake to some magnificent snow come morning (yeah right i WISH!) night all :)

taffy lulu wrote: »
    Hi cocoemma. Yes I think it's a little warmer than it was too. Hopefully it's nearly here :)

Yeah the temps gone up hasn't it.. i tell ya 2am or just after we;ll get it.. unless dublin squeezed all the snow out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

ffarrell7 wrote: »

Eek I've just looked outside!
    Where did that come from!
    In huntstown btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Woo hoo, really coming down in Ongar now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

still snowing in ranelagh...at least 2-3 inches now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

As mentioned the snow has stopped in Dun Laoghaire. Snow clouds still cover the sky but are turning darker and no thunder/lightening at all... yet. I threw on a few layers and went outside to get a few photos for you guys :D
    136887.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A frankly pathetic few flakes fell in Mulhuddart D15 for about 10 minutes. Seems to be easing off now.
    Sigh, though we did seem to be on the very very very outer reaches of the predicted Dublin fall according to the links posted earlier.
    :mad:

Decent bit of action now out Mulhuddart D15 way. Good sized flakes been falling for the last 10 minutes. Could be a fun night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

Belting down in d15. hartstown..
    hopefully my flight to amsterdam on tuesday wont be delayed or cancelled

any1 up for a snowball fight,,, hehe with rocks inside them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

F*ck dis for a game of soldiers, I'm literally standing beside you and nare a sign of a snowflake!!!

As mentioned the snow has stopped in Dun Laoghaire. Snow clouds still cover the sky but are turning darker and no thunder/lightening at all... yet. I threw on a few layers and went outside to get a few photos for you guys :D
    136887.jpg

wow sooo prettty:o

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Absolutely flaking it here in West Dublin...Savage snow!!! C'mon Argentina..show those D4 ASSHOLES/West Brits.....well they play with the LIONS don't they??? Half British in my book. Pumas play on their own, as do French and Italians but the Irish crave the BRITS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

ok i think i'll head to the land of nod:D going to attempt to drive to the airport at 730am............wish me luck:P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Stopped in Wicklow. Only had a few minutes of light snow :( I just realised how rubbish it is that you can't hear the snow like you can with rain- I have to keep getting out of bed to look out the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

F*ck dis for a game of soldiers, I'm literally standing beside you and nare a sign of a snowflake!!!

Never actually stopped in this part of Lucan - it's just extremely light, tiny snowflakes for the last 30 mins - the kind you can only see just around the street lights.

• Advertisement

four mins to my snow :D ITS SOOO GONA HAPPEN:rolleyes: *DREAMING*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Never actually stopped in this part of Lucan - it's just extremely light, tiny snowflakes for the last 30 mins - the kind you can only see just around the street lights.

I'm going to have to leave the cosy environment here with my 7 Euro bottle of Jacobs Creek Cab Sav from Centra in the village and check out your street lamp theory! ;-)

ok i think i'll head to the land of nod:D going to attempt to drive to the airport at 730am............wish me luck:P

Drive safe.. plenty of time etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

So I guess I won't be running a 5k in the morning:eek:

5-10hrs so solid snow would be grand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

!Stopped for quite a while here now bit I took the initiative earlier before any snow showed up and put a bottle of sparkling wine out on the table in the garden while I was making dinner. When I opened it it was cold but not frozen and tasted fantastic. I left some beer out after that. It snowed in the meantime and the beer tastes fantastic now. I'll have such a hangover tomorrow but it will be well worth it. There really isn't anything like beer and wine cooled outdoors. A fridge just doesn't do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Leave now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

John2009 wrote: »
    Well it finally snowed in Cork City albeit very very light and short lived, hopefully next week is a good'un :)

John how did you embed that youtube clip????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Absolutely flaking it here in West Dublin...Savage snow!!! C'mon Argentina..show those D4 ASSHOLES/West Brits.....well they play with the LIONS don't they??? Half British in my book. Pumas play on their own, as do French and Italians but the Irish crave the BRITS!!!

someone's had a bit to drink

moving on, SNOOOOOW :D

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to leave the cosy environment here with my 7 Euro bottle of Jacobs Creek Cab Sav from Centra in the village and check out your street lamp theory! ;-)

ha ha i did that that too a while ago.. me, my dog, my glass of wine & my smokes ha feeling slighty tipsey he he i'm due another check me thinks...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement