Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My stupid dog decides to leap out from the door with hyperness :mad:

Ran all away around Hillcrest and I found him rolling around the snow at Tescos. Now I'm wet and he's wet and he's being very quiet licking himself clean. Damn puppies. A whole weeks worth of recall command training to work on.

But the snow is great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    The truth hurts does it not Brirish????? Irish Breakfast tomorro (British you mean)..Cheddar---British as well... then Brit Papers...then Premiership....then Sky News..then double decker bus into town..then 'pint' of beer' and crisps...then RAGBY in Aviva Stadium...whave become mongrels of you know who!! then miles and inches (even though we have been metric ONLYfor years) The Irish are really something!!!!
    go make a snowman or woman,get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

those showers down south are forming just over me and everything is covered in a light layer of snow, beautiful light graupel forming. God the weather really knows how to suprise, i was not expecting anything:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

stopped completely about 45 mins ago here none since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

The truth hurts does it not Brirish????? Irish Breakfast tomorro (British you mean)..Cheddar---British as well... then Brit Papers...then Premiership....then Sky News..then double decker bus into town..then 'pint' of beer' and crisps...then RAGBY in Aviva Stadium...whave become mongrels of you know who!! then miles and inches (even though we have been metric ONLYfor years) The Irish are really something!!!!

ha ha you must be a pissed as i am:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Snow falling in Limerick city now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

soccerc wrote: »
    Too much Horlick's or Ovaltine methinks, don't think 13 year olds have access to offies :D
    Not really....the irish have become much too British....obsessed by them..even stratum of society... music, weather, dress sense???, supermarkets, football..., syaings, miles/inches....need I go on???:D:D:D:D
    Rougies wrote: »
    Still snowing lightly here, could be a few more showers heading in from the Irish Sea before dawn.
    soccerc&Rougies yous have heard the saying"dont feed the trolls"
    ignore him ,he's not worth it,sad realy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing in Waterford getting heavier. Temp 0.2c Dp -1.2c

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

IvySlayer wrote: »
    My stupid dog decides to leap out from the door with hyperness :mad:

Ran all away around Hillcrest and I found him rolling around the snow at Tescos. Now I'm wet and he's wet and he's being very quiet licking himself clean. Damn puppies. A whole weeks worth of recall command training to work on.

But the snow is great :pac:

My @rse!! :D
    Oh my dear, what have I done, I seem to have left the front door ajar and my dog doth escaped. Deary me. I shall have to don my snow apparallel and follow him. Normally I would never be outside playing trying to catch the dog at such an ungodly hour as 3am but one must do what one must. Silly silly dog.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Will look for camera lead John hopefully you will have some by then.Very light but its just started.I had a clear sky about half hour ago:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    My @rse!! :D

I was busy winning a snowfight until he bolted down the street :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

delw wrote: »

ah yeah sure he's only here to start trouble.... ingore him sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

delw wrote: »

here is some info on that farrelff
    086-2231426. I live in Castleknock, Dublin 15.

what a clown to leave his no. on here...he selling some fishing gear ...i just did a simple search on this,, doubt he'll speak again after those clown comments..

anyway snow has stopped in d15,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Still light snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

420 wrote: »
    he selling some fishing gear

he's caught me lol

A previous ffarrell from D15 had 30ins of compacted snow on the High Street outside Iceland, Waitrose and Sainsbury's but was banned for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

just home, and can confirm Waterford is getting another VERY light dusting as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1729972

some folk might need that,give frosty a shout LMAO..........................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

seems to be a fog setting in here & has got frickn freezen(freezen fog by any chance) but is blowing out to the sea :confused:,like very fine crystal particals in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Snow

Upsides
    Do I need to highlight these! :D

Downsides
    Drunks coming up from the seafront past our house making an awful racket messing in the snow. Will ye ever STFU or at least lower the "%$^ing decibel level. Its nearly half $%&^ing three lads and I am in work at 7:30am !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well my evening was fun, wasn't I sitting playing poker with the lads, getting all worried about my very small stack of chips, then someone decides to open my mate's front door to go for a smoke. Nearly wet myself, I love snowwww!!!!!!!!!

(All the above = Malahide/Portmarnock is under roughly an inch of snow.)

On a serious note...the roads are a death trap. DON'T drive if you don't have to and to anyone waiting on a taxi...start walking, 90% of them have given up and gone home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

sorry lads and lassies, i'm pissed drunk after being out pubbing for the last 6 hours or so, but i've just walked home for about 30 minutes from the late bar in Tralee here and I feel like I've just walked home from somewhere in northern lapland. The heavy snowfalls from earlier this evening have left a total frozen whiteout of everything and now a total eerie fog has descended on everything. I can't even grab a fist of snow cos everything is frozen over....seriously how can this happen in November in Ireland....seriously, how can this happen anytime in Ireland in the last 20 years??? I thought last year was a freak but what has happened this weekend throws everything from last year into insignificance....has global warming stopped???..hope every snow lover in every corner of Ireland is getting some of what we are getting down here in Tralee - it is beautiful to look at....have fun and be happy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Have had little snow since 9last night , its -3.1c out, just been for a walk around the garden ,lots of hare tracks everywhere its interesting to see whats out and about in the wee hours:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Giving up now and going to bed. It's cold out there now though. The WS is reading -1.8 with a DP of -4. There's no sign of any thaw on the snow and Grauppel that fell earlier. A while ago I poured a glass of Middleton and, as it was getting to the dregs I headed outside of a walk about. Mainly I wanted to know if Middleton opened up a bit when exposed to outside air. I found out it opened up a bit when you drop a bit of snow into it. I decided to leave my glass on the wall for the hell of it. I popped out quickly jsut now and 45 minutes later the glass if frozen to the wall. It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings! Good night one and all!

There's a lot more snow out there, but it's all moving south on the Irish Sea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Temp at Dublin Airport and here is -5 - DP -8C. We are snow covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

a few flakes falling here now at last

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

Everybody in Dublin there is shed loads of snow out there,wake up. Just looked out the window and everything is coveted again

whiteout in arklow
    You wouldn't see your hand in it ,visibility is so poor and its piling up on the already hard packed stuff.
    -5c a while ago
    now -2c

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Black Briar: have you had much since last night? nothing has fallen here since yesterday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I'm in tinahely. Just been out. Its cold but no more snow. Anyone know what the roads are like. Suppose to be going to work, driving from tinahely to stillorgan. Is it worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement